DAYS: Month of July discussion

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I wish they'd stop making Maggie Meddlesome Maggie. She's practically sobbing everytime she's around Daniel and only shows up to interject when Dannifer break up. She's better than that.

I am glad Shawn Christian seemed to have gotten a haircut :) Much better.

Melissa Reeves has been showing up for work! I'm enjoying Jennifer playing mother to JJ big time. Best thing to happen to Jen in quite a while. They really cast the perfect actor as JJ. Casey Moss was a great find.

So strange seeing Hope in an actual cop uniform.

Bernardi's widow <3

I have got to give props to casting because they have done a great job over the last year, even with the supporting actors who recur, like Anne, etc.

• Members

Monday was a great show. I love how JJ works his mother. MR's harpiness translates well into the mom role, much better than that Dannifer teenage angst nonsense.

I liked the contrast of the memorial against the grand jury hearing - it worked well. It's amazing that the directors/break down writers are making an effort with the structure of the episode given they haven't bothered for at least a decade.

Melinda Trask seems like an angry battle axe spun over from L&O : Stefano Victims Unit

I agree 100% with this. The supporting cast is stellar on this show, but they really have to be in order to compensate for the "acting" of screen hogs Shawn Christian, James Scott, The Sween and previously Galen Gering, Bryan Datillo and Drake.

• Members

Drake Hogestyn (John) was quietly removed from the credits today, signaling that he is no longer on contract. As in the past, this could just be an one-day error, but highly unlikely. We'll see later tonight if he still remains in the SoapNet credits or not. Hogestyn still has at least one airdate remaining this month since he posted that he taped on March 18.

• Members

Lol, Kristen would sleep with any of Marlena's children to piss her off.

Wow, but Kate was cruel and nasty to Nick. At least she was remorseful.

The whole tablet switch thing was classic JER fakeout.

Being unspoiled, I was truly blinsided by Sami getting off the hook. I can see where they are going now with the story, but I really wasn't expecting this. Kudos to the writers.

I missed the Gabi/Nick and Victor/Nicole scenes so will have to watch later.

Carolyn Culliton is back on form (she wrote Monday & Tuesday) after a few flat scripts from her in recent weeks.

• Members

Hehe. I can't say I disagree. Galen is still awful. I watched that man from DAY ONE on Passions and he's still just as bad. Although he's more comfortable and animated, he's just not that good. I think it's because I see Galen more than Rafe sometimes and I like Galen.

I think Datillo can be pretty good. But all he seems to do is yell anymore. I've never had a problem with him over the years in terms of acting but he's been supporting for so long ...

James Scott is fun to watch. I've started to actually really enjoy EJ, which surprises me. I don't think he's awful but he plays things strangely sometimes.

Drake. Oy. So bad. Especially since his return. Just awful. Not that he was great beforehand but he at least showed up for work.

Shawn Christian is probably the worst out of all of them. I still can't get over his 'drunk acting'. That was beyond awful. And can he ease up on the tanning? My god. I'm still thrilled he got a haircut. He finally looks attractive again.

I totally agree about Jennifer's "harpiness" (LMAO, so perfect!) working better in the mother role than as a giddy teenager chasing after Surfer Doc.

I liked the contrast as well. However that Melinda chick? IDK. I found her annoying and Sami's somehow back to just being grating. LOL

Overall the show is still great. I really loved those Brady family scenes last week (Fri? Thurs? I can't even remember! Sad lol) for some reason. It feels like forever since they've even all acted in the same scene. I want more of that.

I noticed immediately when Tomlin came back the community feel returned, but now it's even better. Storylines overlap, characters interact who should interact, people react to other storylines ... finally! I've missed that aspect of DAYS. I felt like it was missing for a long time for me.

• Members
Good to know.

Hell though, even Salmons had a bad script, what, a month ago or so? Or back in May? God my memory is awful.

Victor/Nicole shared scenes today? Sweet. Gonna have to watch on SoapNet because my local NBC (out of Orlando FL) is running all day (9-6) George Zimmerman trial coverage.

• Members

seriously, how the F did Sami get off for KILLING a cop? That is a serious crime, more so than just killing a normal person. She had no defense. She claims she was protecting Rafe but with no weapon which she claimed she saw in sight, theres no reason to buy her story. Not to mention there is NOTHING proving he was dirty. These does scream of nepotism bc of her family connections to the SPD. Im guessing the widow is going to go after her for revenge and I cant blame her

I knew that Gabi living with Will and Sonny was a bad idea. Its already starting to cause problems

Kate knew that Will was raped in prison?

Adrienne is such a miserable hateful cow. Why is she getting so much airtime? They need to do like Kayla when she started to get annoying

Archived