DAYS: Month of July discussion

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oops! I totally did. I guess because she's playing such a bad girl that I assumed she was Eve's spawn!

LOL! I wish we saw Anne onscreen more often, TBH. Actually I just watched some random scene where McHairyChest is whispering some crap and looking unwashed. And, just like that *snaps fingers* I am CURED of this Dannifer madness.

• Members

he's actually on today

JJ: "Why am I a selfish jerk? Because I don't think Daniel is such a perfect saint? Because I think mom can do a lot better" Good on JJ for calling Abby out on forgetting about Jack

Jennifer shows up to work for 10 minutes so she can bitch at Teresa and then she leaves to go home to get her MP3 player so she can go for a run. No doubt she is going to run into Daniel. The way she was telling Teresa that she knows how long it takes to go to church and come back, it made it seem as if she was going to still be there when she returned. Has she EVER stayed at work for an entire episode? I hope Anne bitches her out

Is there a point to Nicole anymore?

• Members

So today (Thursday) is Drake's final episode right? I know I heard somewhere he still had two episodes left (Wed/Thurs I am assuming) and that his final episode is via phone call which confused me b/c people were saying Wed was his final episode and on Wed he spent the entire episode in the Kirikias Mansion with Brady. I'm not at all a fan of current John, but having the final scenes come via phone call is a horrible way for ANY actor to go out, even a newbie. I want John on recurring but only to pop in twice a month or so.

• Members

Drake looked a lot better with the haircut, but he was still whisper talking. I'm not going to miss him at all these next few months. His part in the story just brought out the absolute worst in his "acting" and currently he just doesn't seem to fit on the show anymore. Hell even Kristen has no use for John anymore.

• Members

Man, those scenes with DH were awful. He clearly was phoning it in for him. He could not even pivot off of ED's fire and energy. It was as if Kristen was still talking to the mirror or a wall and saying the same line. I can envision it now. It would have actually been better. BTW - Kristen - looked great when she went to the the school/church- Devil with the Blue Dress.....

• Members

I thought Eileen didn't come off well in the mirror scene. OTT, imo.

But normally, her energy really does add something to the show. She seems to like the character of Kristen. Gives her something different to do than she'd been used to on Y&R. Not to say she didn't enjoy that experience. It could very well be that that show is "home" for her. But on Days she gets to play a lot of varied types of scenes...maybe more than Ashley most of the time.

• Members

ITA - that was the point. ED could do better with the mirror than with DH! I've watched ED on Y&R since she started and on B&B, I have to say that her return to DAYS has made me enjoy her acting even more. You can tell she is having fun and, honestly, you never know what to expect from a performance. For example, the scene where she was looking at the icons - that was out of the blue (and great), but consistent with Kristen's religious background.

• Members

Just got caught up with what was a week choc full of filler, except for Friday where the show came alive. Lots of nice character interactions that most regimes would ignore get played out on this show - it may not be high stakes, but it is endearing for long time viewers (well this one anyway...)

Kristen/Eileen Davidson has me so spellbound, it's almost hypnotic. That "Dear Father, I have sinned" cliffhanger trope on friday was soaptastic!

But the other constant JER-like fakeouts are starting to do my head in - I feel like if you want to manipulate me, put in a proper effort at least!

Kristen/Stefano, Nicole/EJ, Marlena/Sami, Hope/EJ, Adrienne/Justin were my fave conversations.

Loving JJ and Theresa so far. I loved when Theresa respectfully told Eric she isn't into religion. I'm really liking Jen too in this aspect of the show - Casey Moss and Jen Lilley are making Melissa show up for work.

Uggh, I can't believe Dannifer re-united and broke up in the same episode - 13 year olds have a firmer handle on life than these 2 chemistry free shmucks. That being said, Shawn Christian gave the performance of his career in the breakup scene in Alice's living room. It's a pity that Daniel is in this story, because it is a good story on the whole, and it is generally well written.

Nicole forgot to put on her dress/pants at the school ceremony.

Love the new school set. Sets and musical scores have improved a lot (even if the music is overbearing a lot of the time). I can't wait for the new wardrobe and hair people to kick in.

Hope looked amazing in green on Friday. KA is still so beautiful at 50.

Sami Brady really looked like trailer park trash in every scene, and unlike other characters I believe it is intentional to support the power hungry pretender to the throne vibe - it's well done, but AS is so underwhelming for me.

I don't care for Rafe. He can go back into his coma now. Lauren Koslow is being wasted on this nonsense, there are other ways to humanize her more.

I don't get what Gabi is doing with Nick. I don't think she knows herself.

Wilson are wishy washy in their conflict. Marlena made good points to Will though. Can't wait for Adrienne to create real conflict for them.

Archived