DAYS: Month of July discussion

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I totally see JennJenn and Surfer Doc saving the day (regarding Eric/Kristen). It's being set up, IMO.

Adrienne/Justin <3 Welcome back for me Judi Evans <3

Ugh at these Sami/EJ scenes. They're so painful for some reason. Just feels tedious. And pointless. Blah.

Kristen PLEASE do something awful to Daniel. Like getting rid of him. Thx.

• Members

I wish I could love these Eric/Jen scenes. Does Daniel have to be worked into every conversation?

I like Jen Lilley but I don't think she plays 'bad girl' well. IMO. Glad to see they wasted no time putting her in scenes with Peggy McCay. Thankfully.

Hehe. Adrienne is kind of funny all hysterical. I know I shouldn't but I kind of laughed. Adrienne's becoming such a shrew, but I love Judi Evans <3 Justin couldn't wait to get the hell away from her. LMAO.

I like how episodes 'flow' now, meaning we see so much more interaction amongst characters.

I am loving the tension between Jen and Jeannie. Not calling her Theresa. Please.

Always nice seeing Caroline and Eric together in scenes. Peggy/Caroline has such a great rapport with everyone. She just works with everyone. I love how this regime actually uses her. And Suzanne/Maggie, even though I can't stand Maggie at the moment.

Dammit. Parker makes Daniel tolerable.

• Members

Friday's episode ...

Lauren Koslow just looks flawless and fantastic. Damn.

PopUp Abe and PopUp Kayla! I hate they're just filler and recappers but I am glad they at least bothered to use them. I loved Abe's 'I know your game' look he was giving Kate as she was talking to Kayla. Heh. So glad they're using James Reynolds again.

LOL @ Brent/Will and the watch. Glad to see Lucas who totally saw through it all.

Adrienne/Sonny ... damn. Adrienne does have points, but frankly she really does need to butt out. I do think Brent and Adrienne have lots of good points though, and I think Sonny denies a little too heavily however the way the show's going about it is just annoying to me. I think it's obvious. LOL at Adrienne like falling all over herself to be nice to Brent and build up Sonny.

Heh at this Kristen/Eric conversation. I love the subtle way she's basically setting him up for his downfall. Kristen and Eileen have infused such life in this show.

I liked that Chad went to Abby and Cameron but man the tension between the three of them is obvious. I did like that they gave an explaination of why Chad didn't talk to Will/Sonny so it was nice they actually remembered they are all friends, even though they rarely share any screentime together.

• Members

Those scenes with Jeannie and Caroline were really good. Before that, all you saw was this insolent girl with trouble on her mind. That can be fun...but it's more interesting (to me anyway) if we can see shades of so much more underneath, and Jeannie's sweetness and vulnerability with Caroline helped me see that there's more than anger and rudeness in there.
I did love those scenes with Kayla that she'd had on Tuesday. Mary Beth played those well, and so did Jen. I also liked that dressing down Kayla gave Kate at the hospital on Friday. Fun! I love Lauren. I love Mary Beth. Win/Win for me!

I have to say no to Kayla and Abe though. Friends is fine, but there's no particular fire there. Maxine for Abe? A new doctor for Kayla? Someone who comes in to take over as Chief of Staff, maybe. Maybe Kayla gets demoted. I mean, she was the one who urged Jennifer to hire Ms. Donovan, and I'm bettin' Ms. Donovan's gonna get involved in JJ's drug scheme in some form or fashion. So, yeah. I could see some new guy coming around and taking over Kayla's position, and then him being interested while she has no real clue at first because she's so involved in work and personal stuff.

Boy, does Eileen seem to be having fun with Kristen. And Kristen is so unbalanced right now. I watched her yell at that portrait and...it was funny as hell, and a bit sad too. Kristen does have a conscience...she just hates Marlena enough to try to ignore it. And she's diabolical. I mean...her methods of gaining revenge are so elaborate.

I always have a tranquilizer gun handy to vanquish my enemies (or their sons). Don't you? It's on the top ten list of necessary (appliances?) to have in your home.

Adrienne...geez, Judi Evans is terrific. She just is. But Adrienne...she's pushing hard enough to be really annoying at the moment. Has she never heard of subtlety? Not that subtlety is always called for, but she pushed as hard as she could, and then she pushed even MORE when it would have served her better to take a break in her quest to break up Will and Sonny.

Baby Arianna's a darling. That is all.

Chad, Abby, and Cameron. So not interesting. Sorry. I mean, I do think she should pick Chad, but other than that, I have no particular interest in the triangle. What are the stakes there? Where's the struggle? Indecisive girl picks this fella over that one? That's the story? It needs a little work.

I liked the EJ/Stefano stuff. I just know, though, that EJ will regret this sooner or later. Stefano never stays down for long, and you can bet that he's itching to teach his son not to mess with Father.

Nice to see Lucas. I enjoyed Bryan's scenes with Chandler a lot.

Wally...he seems to be having fun with Justin at the moment. Let's forget for a moment that HE was concerned that Stefano might strike out at him in revenge...so Adrienne's argument IS valid. But it might be fun to involve Victor in this anyway. Victor v. Stefano. I know that Victor's a kinder, gentler sort these days, but he can still hold his own, I'm betting, and that would be fun.

Maggie...she's not a lot of fun. All she does is give relationship advice to Daniel or Jennifer...and all I wish is that her real children were here...and that they'd decide they don't really like brother, dear, because I don't like him myself. If only it was discovered that Daniel ISN'T Maggie's baby boy after all, I would be thrilled. I mean, what about the mom who raised him anyway? Can't he visit her in Timbuktu?

• Members

The Kristen/Eric scenes took up 1/3 of the show, but it wasn't until the last two scenes - the kids & Kristen becoming unhinged talking to God that were the great scenes. It was great to see ED showing Kristen isn't just a psycho robot, but has some humanity - not that it's going to stop her. I just hope they don't box Kristen into another corner. So when the video is released and everyone sees that she & Eric did it, what is she going to tell Eric? He's going to ask her why she didn't say anything about this before? How's she going to explain that away without it seeming like the scheme that it is? Of course, I'm totally looking forward to Marlena's face when the video airs.

• Members

I was actually getting annoyed because Kristen kept beating around the bush. I wanted her to get on with whatever she was going to do, but of course we had the typical soap stall. But I was kinda laughing when she was talking to the picture of Jesus. Eileen's brought some energy with her, that's for sure.

The thing is, though. It's not only her. She was kind of a catalyst, but the show is just BETTER. I mean, it's not every day you carry a gun in your purse and pull it out when you're looking for aspirin...so you can shoot the guy who's come in to kill your defenseless ex-husband, but the questions I was asking as it was happening WERE being asked by the authorities. And the things I found stupid, like not restricting access to that room more...letting every Tom, Dick, and Harry in there before it was examined by law enforcement...that was brought up too. Bernardi's widow and son were brought into the story...even Jennifer's job in PR was brought in...and Anne's wish to cause trouble for Jen brought reporters down on her...and there were shouts of cover up, which there would be if the shooter is related to key people in the police department, and at the hospital.

It feels like a community more than it has for awhile. Everyone knows what happened to Sami. Everyone's reacting...not just the Bradys, but everyone...even Chad and Abby.

Everyone has a role in one of the stories, and sometimes more than one. They're throwing the recurring actors in more, too, and we have a pretty good recurring cast...I mean, they're actually using Justin and Adrienne effectively, even though I do wish Adrienne would tone it down a bit.

And Kristen...I mean, she shot Eric with a tranquilizer gun, man! When does anyone DO that? And she's filming herself having sex with a priest...well, not sex, really...she's raping him, though I don't know that she'd characterize it that way...because that would make her pretty repulsive even to herself, maybe.

Although you never know how Kristen would react to anything.

There is so much that they're doing right that it's kind of amazing. The only thing that isn't good is Dannifer and Maggie's constant interference...and Adrienne's reactions could get old pretty fast...but Judi's rockin' it anyway. And then...well, what Kristen's doing to Eric is terrible...but at the same time, I do have to wonder what'll happen next.

And it's not even sweeps. Or is it?

• Members

Just when you think you've got folks all figured out...you don't. Hee.

Kristen came across as so likeable with Jennifer today, and Jennifer...minus Dan...came across beautifully too. Their friendship is a mystery to me. It should not exist, given history, and Kristen's current nefarious activities, yet it's appealing nonetheless. Go figure!

Speaking of Kristen, it's fun to see her and Nicole go at it! The way they snark is hilarious. Fun times!

What the hell is the matter with Maggie? Can't she just STOP? STOP, MAGGIE! She's not appealing right now. I'm sorry. She's too pushy...Heck, on a show with a lot of pushy moms, she's distinguishing herself for being one of the most annoying. Is there a contest I'm not aware of? Maggie's looking to win. Adrienne might give her a run for her money, but...I don't know. We see Maggie more, so I'm betting she'd win.

Kate...Lauren impressed me. Kate wasn't dangerous today, as she can be. But she was terrific. She did a good thing for Rafe. The fact that I'm not a huge Rafe fan is immaterial. Kate put him first, and that was nice. A lot of people question the depth of her feelings for Rafe, given their short relationship, but what the heck? I don't care. I like Lauren's work in all kinds of situations...tough and no-nonsense, and softer, as she was today.

I like seeing Kayla...good scenes today. But the main question is why Kayla wouldn't tell Rafe Sami didn't shoot him, and like everyone else, I'm wondering too. Will the show offer a logical explanation? They've been doing pretty well lately addressing what we in the audience ask, but they're not always into logic. Heck, logic's traditionally rare.

And Blake Berris? His scene with Lauren was very good too.

I like Nick and Gabi. I really do. I like the way they're handling that pairing.

Daniel and Jennifer? Um, nah. Don't like them. But I DO like that Jennifer hasn't bowed to everyone's urging to go be with Daniel regardless of JJ's feelings on the matter. Stay strong, Jennifer!

She probably won't, huh?

• Members

Wonder what they're foreshadowing with everyone talking about how hot it is.

I'm excited to see this Kristen storyline play out. Looks like she and Brady might be getting back on good terms just in time for her to debut her movie.

• Members

Maggie says that Daniel told her to butt out of his relationship and then in the same breath starts badgering Jennifer about being with him. I wish she'd go jump off a cliff somewhere!

Ewww to all of Daniel's fantasies

Love the Jennifer and Kristen scenes. Ive said it before but its amazing how likeable Kristen makes her. Their friendship feels so genuine and does wonders for both characters

Nicole is so annoying. Im kinda over her

Archived