DAYS: Three stars out!

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Talk about overstatement.....that's such an insult to the character of Ashley Abbott. He's not even as relevant as Abby Newman.

Really the scene between Luke and Noah after they went swimming in the Snyder Pond didn't have any heat or chemistry? It was absolutely fire from day one between Luke and Noah and it continued for the remainder of the show.

Reid was a viable option for Luke and I won't deny they had a spark but Nuke was something special and that was evident from day one...

Sonny and Will was like watching paint dry....

• Members

the problem is Sonny is a peripheral character that the show/writers thrust into mainline status w/o anything going for HIM except Will - that's all anyone see's Sonny as, Will's ball and chain.

were you a fan of Luke and the doctor guy, or did you not like, Noah (or the actor)? A lot of peeps that felt one way or another put on blinders when it came to Luke/Noah, simply because they didn't like Noah (or the actor playing him) or liked the dr. guy. Also, the writing soured many to Luke/Noah - how they were so chaste. It made a lot of people angry. LOL

as someone that didn't care either way and was watching them as someone that watched ATWT in general (and didn't see Noah/Luke in a bubble...), I thought they were fine. *shrug*

• Members

I felt Jake S. was awful as a performer, but that didn't color my viewing of his chemistry or lack thereof with VH. I mean in all honesty 9 times out of 10 I find FS' acting bland and underwhelming, and his line delivery grating. But I feel he does a much better job at selling WilSon than CM (who I think is very talented).

• Members

I was talking more in terms of a good character with potential that the writers don't know how to write. After Bell, Alden did a decent job with Ashley but all writers after that had no clue how to write her as the character wasn't a goody goody heroine or a villan nor was she even really grey, she was complex in a way I rarely see on soaps.

I grant you Sonny isn't that complex but has the potential to be, he is currently written like the post-Bell Ashley from Y&R, Sonny can be in the same league as Ashley, all the foundation is there if the writers knew how to take advantage of it. Bell did such a great job with Ashley and it takes a good writer to make a character like that interesting without resorting to cliches.

• Members

Ashley died as a character sometime in 1994 or 1995, IMO. Y&R has done far more to damage her than a comparison to Sonny ever could. Abby is and always has been a worthless abortion of a character.

I agree with the general point in that both characters suffer from a lack of proper focus, and have for a long time. Sonny is never going to be Mr. Excitement, but DAYS isn't that type of show anyway. They could and should do more with his everyday nice guy nature, testing that, and seeing the affect it has on people around him, his struggle to maintain that, and to find his own identity, instead of being Will's babysitter, the perfect son, the perfect gay, etc.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

You guys think they will kill Chad off? My DVR preview for todays show says that the results of Chad's CT scan worry Cameron. They've been slowly making his head injury an issue over the last few weeks and I wonder if its a bigger problem that will cause him to die this fall. How bad would it be if it reveals that he has a brain tumor just like his sister Lexie.

• Members

Also Blake Berris Deal also ends in December/January so maybe Nick & Gabi leave town.

I still say one of two things will occur about Wilso

Days will decide to recast Will after all

OR

Will & Sonny will exit Salem with AG

• Members

That tends to happen when there's bad blood and to my knowledge Days is satisfied with him and he's expressed no ill feelings about TPTB. Those in charge at Days don't seem to be of the same mindset as the douches than ran ABC in the last decade

• Members

Sonny has always been a walking ambien from what I have seen. He has little moments when he is cutting people up with his words, like he did with Adrianne the other day, but he is mostly forgettable and always has been. Will isn't the problem. Sonny is just a supporting character at most and nothing I have seen has shown me that he has the potential to be otherwise.

Archived