DAYS: Three stars out!

• Members

Yes, Molly did put in work to make a lot of things actually work and things did rely on her chem with co-stars, but mel and nick had such a brief history so many years ago and both characters were in such a different place that I dont think a recast would have hurt the story. her onscreen partner at the time of her exit was Chad but that wasnt exactly a long relationship and they spent most of it apart, so if they wanted to keep that pairing just test actress' against Casey and have that be the deciding factor or just break them up if there was a better actress that didnt click with him, then again days is so far ahead that it cant tell what the audience will think for so long sadly.

But Gabis plot against Melanie coming out could have been huge, At the least they should have recasted her before Nick and Gabis wedding and had her come back and tell the truth or something. It just sucks that Days keeps investing time in these young characters and cant keep them. Stephanie, Chelsea, Nick (until his return), Max, Melanie, Nathan, Philip now Chad, Gabi. So many others as well. I know the online world has a hard time with recasts, but sometimes its just needed (I have hope they will recast Will, I need them to). Right now we are left with Abby and Sonny and Cameron on the younger scene, three chracters that are so underdevolped that by the time they do build them up and dive into them the actors will likely leave. Then again I think Days does a better job than most at bringing on new younger characters, so eh.

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I guess what I meant was if not for the chemistry between MB and BB, I don't know if there would have been investment in a Melanie and Nick story. I guess if she had tried to help him as he came unwound after leaving prison, that might have been interesting.

The show seems to never quite know how to write for the young characters on their own terms. Most of Will's decent stories heavily involved other people or were about other people, like Sami.

I think there's potential for Nick, if the show writes it.

I would say they could bring in Kim and Shane's kids or Adrienne and Justin's other child, but I guess they're already bringing in Jeanne Donovan, and she won't be in a teen group.

Didn't Benji have a child? He or she could come back and that would give Kayla something to do.

• Members

Yeah, days doesnt really do well with individual characters of any age range tho, its easier with older established characters though because the audience can draw from their history to better understand or accept thing, or already like them and will accept anything with them i guess. What days does so very well with younger chracters is mixing them up with older ones. Will is his most interesting with Marlana, Melanie and Maggie made both characters relevent. Nathan and Maggie had that bond as well, as did Mia and Maggie or Mia and Nicole, Abby was by far the best when in a story with Austin and Carrie, Gabi was her most tolerable with Caroline, Nick with Hope and Julie, etc..

• Members

Julies great grandson needs to be created. She had David who had Scotty and i am sure by now Scott has had a few or they can create another kid of david who had kids. A perfect chance to cast a horton of another race to! but i am sure this will never happen.

• Members

I kind of spread the blame a little bit, if blame is a good word to use here. I get the feeling Molly went to the last second before she decided whether or not to get the heck outta there, and that kind of caught the writers off guard. I don't know how much of the story had to be redone because Molly left. I can't blame her, though. If I were her I probably would have gone back and forth too, and it sounds like the show made every effort to keep her.

I think the only realistic way they'd get Molly back is if Sheri Anderson wrote Days. Never say never, though. I could see her popping in for a visit; failing that, before they wrote Mel back in I'd go back to Molly and ask if she wanted to return and if not, then recast.

• Members

If they let this Gabi bitch leave without getting her comeuppence, I will scream! Please write her off as going to prison for what she did to Melanie and Will leaves town alone with Ariana Grace. Have Chad let it slip about what Gabi did and then he has Stefano send him out of town to escape arrest for beating up Nick. Then arrest Gabi and have her sent to prison. Melanie should return for all of this.

• Members

Still, I'd love it if her secret came out and Will left to help her get away from the law, then he returned recast to find Sonny with someone else. Also, there's a chance they're recasting Chad, so it doesn't quite matter when Camila is leaving.

• Members

All newbies sign a 4 year contract. She joined the show in the summer of 2010, so if she had just signed a 2-year contract, it would have been up summer 2012...her contract should run from July 2010-July 2014.

• Members

I hope they will find a way to keep Sonny. I feel like he is losing out in all this with Will and Gabi leaving. Hope they recast Will unless Chandler intends to come back after finishing his degree. I think it may also be an idea to ask him if he would be willing to make recurring apperances, once a month, which I'm sure could fit around his UCLA schedule.

As he said to the press at the Emmys, Chandler, if he leaves, is leaving to get his college degree in Mandarin Chinese, which he didn't have time for working so hard at DAYS. He has his priorities right. He's from a political family so education was always going to be important. He is not unhappy with DAYS, not leaving for "better" acting jobs, and was not "only happy" when he was "making eyes" at EJ. He was quite vocal at the Emmys about how great it is working with Freddie Smith and what a privilege and opportunity it has been to be on DAYS.

Also I believe many people would beg to differ with you, DRW50, about Chandler's chemistry with Freddie Smith, as well with his acting ability. The younger set still is sparking wonderfully and I have every confidence that it will continue to do so.

And of course Will's story has heavily involved other people ... That's what a good soap story should do, not be an island and draw on the history and relationships of the character. The story has still been about Will though, and Will's choices -- to get involved with Sonny, to not want a repeat of his parents fighting over him, to lie to Sonny, then to be a father to his baby, then to sign away rights lest he put his family in danger, then to fight dirty to get rid of the evidence against him, then to risk everything to save Nick's life.

Agree with JackPeyton about the way people bash Nelson Branco but still use the news he reports.

• Members
His last day is Oct 30, which is practically November. A month or two can deal with having her arrested, gathering evidence and proceeding forward with a trial, which can take them all into early next year. Gabi gets a conviction in January and then can rot in a jail cell for a few months, making 1 or 2 appearances a week until she's out for good. Will can deal with being a single father for those months before deciding to go away in April. Timing seems pretty plausible

I hope not. I don't mind Sonny, but he's boring and really has nothing besides Will. I wouldn't mind him leaving and them bringing on any of the other sons of Justin and Adrienne

• Members

I think if Sonny goes Justin and Adrienne probably would disappear (although I know they were around a few years before he was).

I like him as a supporting player and generally decent guy. I don't care as much about romance, but I wouldn't mind seeing him with someone else. I never really thought Will had much chemistry with anyone outside of Gabi, so I never invested.

Archived