DAYS: Three stars out!

• Members
No apologies needed. But if there were, that's far from one lol but I bow to the perfection of the backhanded apology lol it's very RHOA of you and I love it lol. Seriously tho I get what you are saying and your not being mean about it. At all.

But really, if it had been out for more than two minutes I would've posted who it was. That's why I eventually did post it. For me it was just a weird situation as I don't normally buy it, it was exclusive content, and I think it's insane how many people here specifically want to bash NB but can't wait for everyone else to post exactly what he posts because they know he's right far more than wrong. I do know he normally posts things like the names outright on twitter but he didn't this time so I was trying to respect that for a bit because that's just how I try to roll.

Now, as for recasts... I don't really know. I mean, I doubt it is going to be an I start recast and chandler has six months left still to film (and 9-10 to air!) I think we are lie,ly a year away from a recast and days tests newbies more than former soap actors so I think we are most likely to get an unknown when it happens. I'm the most curious to see how he exits really and what's next for sonny after that.

Casey leaving and his reup only being for a month makes so much sense because when the reports came out he signed a new contract I was shocked. I like him and chad and will miss them but its not really a big loss just because chad really isn't much to the show. Same for gabi.

And as far as Kate mansi as Abby, I love her. I really wish Abby stayed the kinda bad girl like when she was going after Austin. She seems lost and like they don't know what to do with her and Cameron is a total bore even with a recast.

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It's exclusive content because he's been fired from everywhere else. I don't know of anyone who hangs on Nelson Branco's every word anymore. I was specifically speaking only to the fact that the only time I ever hear his name mentioned anymore are when a fraction of the Internet is desperate to avoid paying for his weird online pamphlets, manages to get someone else to finally do it for them, and then are disappointed to discover that once again he has nothing new or substantive to add - I see the minor phenomenon, but I don't take part in it. You've been around long enough to know exactly what he is.

• Members

I like Kate Mansi, but (and some people KNEW this was coming) firing Matt Ashford gave Abby one less character to play off... Abby could have been pissed at Jack for months following his sudden return to Salem. Instead, that whole story was rushed.

I don't hold that against Kate at all. They really haven't given Abby much to do beyond the Austin stuff, and even that story seemed a bit rushed. I'm a huge Carrie/Austin fan, but that story was great! :)

• Members

The younger set is what got me watching Days full time. I kept hearing about Chill....lol....It's going to leave an empty hole with only Sonny left....Sonny alone equals boring.....I guess I will be out too when they leave...lol...unless they recast some of them. I guess Sonny and Will are going to break up if he is leaving with Gabi?? I guess Mama will tell Sonny I told you so.....lol...kind of sucks....oh well ...leave me more time to do other things...lol

Unless he is coming on to play Sonny's new love interest...I am not interested..although he was a bore on OLTL.

• Members

He was up in May, so since he was still taping in June, I added a year to his contract, but looks like he only agreed to stay for one extra month. As always with contracts, it's just a "best guess" scenario.

• Members

Not recasting Melanie was a huge mistake. Granted, the character was only ever liked because the actress became popular, but people did come around to Mel esp in that final year and they invested so much time and story into her and then wrote her out with little impact when if she had been recasted a lot more story could have been had.

• Members

One of the problems with recasting would have been that a lot of the relationships Melanie had that would have played in story mostly relied on Molly Burnett's history in the role. I'm not sure if her story with Nick would have worked without Molly there. Or the relationship with Chad.

I do think they could have done more with Gabi's plots against her and Melanie reacting to them. A recast could have done this.

Archived