DAYS: Three stars out!

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Unless they recast Brian & I dont think they should cause Brant played Brian so well, I dont think he will be back. Brant enjoyed Days but he is blowing up & is now a regular on Army Wives. I dont see him giving that up for Days

• Members

John, how on earth do you keep up with everything? LOL. I give you so much credit. I had no idea he was on Army Wives and he should be blowing up. He seems extremely talented.

Can I again add how I hate we know like a year ahead of time that Camilla and Chandler are exiting? I hate that. And I felt like we've known about Chrishell and Jenn Lilley coming on for what feels like years now. Ugh.

• Members

Who in their right mind, would give up a permanent primetime gig, to go back to daytime? All of these roles can and should be recast, whenever the time is right. I know, that it's painful to think about your favorite actor/actress leaving a show you watch, but I would rather have someone on screen, that wants to be 100% involved in that job.

I remember Nic Robuck from OLTL and he wouldn't at all fit the role of Will. Just no.

• Members

The problem is they don't know how to write Sonny. He is the Ashley Abbott of Days. A character with so much potential if given to the right writer.

If they re-cast Will and they want him back in Sonny's orbit (assuming he leaves town) they need to make absolutely sure there is some banging chemistry. The kind Sonny and Brian had. Plus give Freddie another guy with the same level of spark and you have a sure fire must watch triangle.

Give Sonny that edge he had when he belted Nick in the face, while keeping his sweet guy persona in tact and you have the makings of classic soap.

• Members

I didn't view Sonny punching Nick as him having an edge because he was still the same old boring character. It was just a repeat scene of the one he had with T. Yes, the two deserved to be hit, but the punches didn't add anything to the character of Sonny IMO. I would much prefer they write Sonny the way he was written before he lived, breathed, and only talked about Will. The character of Sonny actually had spunk and energy and held my interest when he originally came to the show. I loved the scenes in which he and Chad hung out together playing pool and verbally annihilating some homophobic idiot.

And yes, please, Days, hire an actor that FS actually has acting, romantic, and sexual chemistry with. I don't care if it's a Will recast or a new love interest for Sonny, just make sure the chem goes beyond WilSon's "cute" chemistry.

• Members

yeah, say whatever you want about Freddie Smith + Chandler Massey's acting in general, but they certainly play the 'intimate couple moments' quite well, and fearlessly.

that's why I think a lot of why they suck on the show at most everything else is down to DAYS writing + their general lack of experience.

• Members

"Quite well" and "fearless" doesn't equate to true chemistry in my book. It just means they have the mechanics down. And to be fair, though I think CM is the better overall performer, I think he is the fly in the ointment regarding their romantic/sexual chemistry. FS sells me on Sonny's love and sexual attraction to Will. On the other hand, CM doesn't.

• Members

really? because Sonny + Brian was pretty cold fish on Freddie's part, imo. whistling.jpg I'd say it's a combination of Chandler + they are comfy w/ each other. There are a lot of little things Chandler does that sells the pairing - the way he casually plays with Freddie's hair or rests his hand on the nape of Freddie's neck or shoulder, or when they kiss the way he runs his fingers through Freddie's hair. All that stuff is really skillful and fearless, especially for a young guy. Credit where it is due. Freddie on the other hand is just there, most of the time - and played opposite. Watch scenes where Freddie/Sonny is playing intimate opposite another guy. The other guy is ALWAYS the one making moves AT Freddie/Sonny...

• Members
Huh? I never said anything about Brian that I can recall. It's as KMan101 stated, it's all subjective. Hey, It still boggles my mind that people thought ATWT's Nuke had chemistry...

Besides, at ths point, it doesn't matter about CM's Will. CM's leaving the show, and according to KC, Will won't be recast. I guess that means Sonny will be given a new love interest. Here's hoping he has chemistry with whatever actor is hired for the role.

Archived