DAYS: Three stars out!

• Members
Yup, I do realize that. Kate is also the mom to Lucas and Billie.

Will should have some "raise hell" in him.

Ha....How many days has it been, since the news came out about Massey's departure? 6 days and somebody has already found something/a clue about the recast. :)

Love soap fans.

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That tvguide interview makes it clear they fired him after filming his scenes one day and had a new hire ready to go. Sucks for cm. shitty thing to do. But so is announcing your exit to the press before your show. This is what happens when you give so m uh office I guess.

Plus chandler came on in a similar matter. So there's that.

Ill miss him tons but ill welcome the new one and give him a shot.

• Members

Chandler announced at the Chicago event that

1) He asked to be let out Early

2) That him & Days agreed that when a recast is found, CM will exit

3) He admitted he didnt think a recast would be found that quick

Some fans are saying he was given no notice. However I see the agreement they made that when recast found, CM's out was notice and that it meant he could leave anytime

Also because they granted CM's request he doesnt get his pay for the remainder of the contract which is standard practice

Im wishing CM well he was great. So glad Wilson continues. Gonna be open to the new Will

Also if a triangle is coming I hope the 3rd guy wants Will & Sonny is the jealous one

• Members

Some people are hell bent on being drama queens. CM wanted to move on to other things, but Days execs are the devils for putting the show first?! Bitches are gonna be bitches! Today's soap audience is by far the most entitled bunch I've ever witnessed!

CM showed a bit of ego when he thought it would take more time to find a recast, but I'm willing to bet that, not matter what was said, execs were in search of a recast much longer than anyone wants to believe [not that it would be too difficult to replace CM].

• Members

For me it all comes down to this. Chandler is a classy guy. Chandler Massey on DAYS Exit: "I'm actually glad things went down the way they did," Massey told TV Guide. "I appreciate the producers for letting me out of my deal early because I can now pursue other opportunities I couldn't under contract."

• Members

Chandler quit. He quit to the press before his bosses, and he gave a 6 months notice when doing so and thats why he was backtracking it a bit in the press. The show started searching for a new will and found one, cast him, and let chandler go during one of the cycles in his contract. I dont think there is any saint or sinner in this, its show buisness as usual on both sides.

I wish CM luck in future gigs, school, whatever he does but I also look forward to what a new actor brings to the table as Will.

The wilsons freakout on twitter over this has been amsuing seeing as many wanted FS fired so wilson could leave together.

• Members

That's the one thing I find sad about the entire situation. I get folks want everything to be good for Wilson (nobody coming between them, marriage and endless scenes of them saying I love you), but why should Smith have had to be let go, or even want out of the show, in order to give fans a "sunset ending"?

Doesn't fan fiction cover that need?

• Members

The stans are compleeeeetely out of control on Twitter. I'm alternating between amused and enraged. Get a damn grip! Yeah, I'm sure he was a little blindsided by being told he had just taped his last scenes, but he's also a grown-ass man. He's not going to die without a goodbye cake. Per usual, Days could have handled things a bit better -- say, by telling him the day before that they'd found a recast and wanted the recast to start after the taping hiatus -- but this is being so blown out of proportion.

• Members

Seems CM got the same consideration he gave Days by telling the press first. That was super unprofessional, and as a boss, I'd be pissed as well. But this all boils down to the agreement in place. You want out early? Fine, we will let you out (CM's choice) as soon as we find a replacement. If CM had done things differently, perhaps the Days execs might have as well.

Archived