AMC - Monday, April 29, 2013 Discussion Thread

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

AMC is getting hated on at DD. Not good.

I loved the episode. Not as good as OLTL's. But, still really good. I like AMC's opening better than OLTL's though.

I really do like NuPetey. Much better than I thought he would be. I also like Celia. Who I know is gonna be a crazy bitch.

Also. AJ has the sarcasm of his dad and grandpa. Love that!

• Members

I think Marissa is definitely dead and possibly Tad

Cara's fantasy about David was SMOKING hot! Good guess about her & Griffin

Jessie & Angie were on point. Adam/Brooke however...I thought their scenes were very mediocre and I was sort of let down by Julia Barr's performance.

I thought it was perfect!

I think a nice effort was done on the opening, some of the visuals are nice, but the effects & picture animations are so cheap It's not even funny! I don't mind that much though!!

AJ/Miranda were my favorite part of the episode. I absolutely adore them. Their bond was made clear in the writing and I can't wait to see where it leads.

I thought Miranda was going to be the Queen Bee at school but it looks like she's more of an outsider w/AJ and I really like that.

Overall I thoroughly enjoyed the episode and can't wait for more. Like I'm salivating! WELCOME BACK, PINE VALLEY!! wub.pngwub.pngbiggrin.pngbiggrin.png ;'-)

• Members

I don't think it was a fantasy, it was Cara remembering the night she and David made their baby, and she still wants him! wub.png Cara's Mexican relatives are hiding their child IMO, very deep underground, from the druglords who had been terrorizing her: "it had to be done."

My speculation as of this moment is David wrestled JR with the gun after JR shot once and killed Marissa, and when the gun went off again, it killed ?????? Once David got control of the gun and saw Marissa bleeding out and dying instantly, he helpless to save her just like his father, in his rage and grief he shot JR and put him in a coma.

• Members

Angie said she is glad that Lucy found a job that she was excited about....ugh, she meant Maya right?

Hate the opening. I mean the concept is good but the theme song is awful. I wish they had kept the classic theme. Not a fan of the vocals. Oh and the character names and font make it look even tackier.

Early thoughts but this feels like AMC. I am so pumped about it

Forgot that AJ and Miranda were almost pretty much brother and sister. Makes their current relationship make more sense

Adam and Brooke aren't married yet? Lame

• Members

Strong first episode. Many of my fears are already gone. Robert Scott Wilson will be just fine as Petey. Agree with whoever said he is shockingly good, and he does have good familial chemistry with Opal. Glad they didn't show him with his shirt off on the first day (as that would have set the wrong tone). Liked how the stuff about Cortlandt Electronics and Pete's startup Cort Apps seemed a bit more grounded in real business stuff than usual. Liked Opal wanting to see more of her son and the conflict over that.

Other actors also seem fine so far.

Theme song works fine and opening seems classy too. I'm very very concerned about Griffin not being in the opening though. "WTF," as someone said here, is right! I was wondering why Jordi wasn't promoting the show as much lately, and I fear this may be because he heard he is going to have a minimal role!

So it seems like in struggling with JR over the gun, David might have caused whoever died to be shot? And that's why he went to jail for manslaughter? Imagine the guilt! Also Cara is still really into David -- to the extent of having an intense sexual fantasy -- despite doing something she needs to hide from him.

This Cassandra being abducted story seems kind of "ehh" and melodramatic so far. I did like the interaction between Jessie and Angie, but saying "Lucy" instead of "Maya" was glaring for me too.

I liked AJ telling everyone to move on, move on.

Why has Adam been "not here" (does he mean mentally?) and where is he going now?

Liked the catchiness as well as the tongue-in-cheek meaning of using that song called "Internet Killed the Video Star."

Overall I think AMC benefitted from bringing back the familiar breakdown and script writers, because they know the characters' voices and the feel the show had before it went off the air. That provided a lot of continuity that I worried wouldn't be there. I like that we also saw credits at the beginning "Created by Agnes Nixon ... Executive Producers Ginger Smith Jeff Kwatinetz Rich Frank ... Written by Marlene McPherson Elizabeth Snyder," which OLTL didn't do, and which were similar to what the show had at the end of the ABC run. I'm surprised that Kwatinetz and Frank are credited as exec producers directly, and not as something above that.

• Members

I loved the opening credits format, but I hated the character names instead of actor names. I would've preferred a theme with no words as well. Overall I didn't like AMC much. I will still be watching because it's too soon to make a true judgement, but I wasn't impressed. They didn't benefit from starting first because you can see a few little production kinks that look to be perfected by the time OLTL started. Plus the performances weren't as strong, so it felt a little amateurish at times. The writing is what I was most worried about and i don't think they did the best job of setting things up. I'm curious how things will look once the week is out. I thought OLTL did a good job of having those big and quiet moments, but you got to meet a variety of characters, ages and types in different scenarios which was a good setup IMO. With AMC it was very quiet and with the selection of characters for this first episode didn't pack the punch I hoped.

Very interested in seeing where this will go though! Lots of room for easy improvement.

• Members

I dunno, it seems AMC>>>OLTL. It's, like, I got to have a taste of all the newbies' personalities from the jump...while with OLTL, I struggled to keep up.

*Rob Wilson has this "radio announcer" voice that comes across as stiff. He's the weak link.

*Denyse and Eric are magic as Miranda/AJ. I mean...just...yeah.

*Evelyn's presence was felt in even those few seconds she was on.

• Members

I can see them keeping the seniors at recurring by the actors' own choice. It sounds like they had to cajole David Canary in particular to return on a regular basis, and Ray McDonnell is up there. Recurring can mean anything depending on how much you play them, so it doesn't particularly bother me.

Jordi, who knows. He's too hot to keep offscreen for too long.

Archived