AMC - Monday, April 29, 2013 Discussion Thread

• Members

On ABC she was portrayed as the victim who always had an excuse for what she did - oh she was just trying to protect her brother, oh, she was just trying to stay in Pine Valley, oh, she lied to Jake and broke his heart to protect him, etc., etc.

AMC was full of gray characters who did some good and some bad, but TIIC seemed to label those characters in a more black and white sort of way. Ryan = Good. Griffin = Good. Tad = Good Dixie = Good. All of those people did bad things, but they were still considered the good guys on that show. Cara has the "good" label on her, or at least she did on ABC. I am REALLY hoping that nuAMC gets away from that and lets all of the characters be more nuanced and less "this is the hero" and "this is the villain."

Going only on what we've seen so far in previews and what we saw before AMC ended on ABC, I don't see Cara being the love of David's life forever. That said, I'm willing to watch with an open mind, especially if it involves VI naked, and see how they've changed the characters during this jump. I just hope Cara cries a lot less this time around. :/

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I agree with you to a large extent, especially with hoping the new AMC doesn't label people as hero or villain. That's part of why I want David and Cara to be a long term thing so bad, because it means David won't be written just a villain. David might finally be changing for the better by now to where he won't be keeping lies that are as big from the woman he loves. The previews make me think Cara might be keeping a secret from David -- but maybe it is for the protection of both of them and when David finds out the truth, they can work together to deal with whatever caused Cara to lie.

Also, to respond to something you wrote earlier, I don't think Cara has to be "stronger" than Anna or Erica. Each relationship can have its own dynamic.

It's funny, I didn't remember Cara crying that much, but I guess she did!

• Members

Watching this now. The Opening is nice although I am not a fan of the song. The guy who plays Pete seems decent enough. I like that the show cared enough to give him the kind of car someone named Cortlandt would have. AJ got the first not safe for TV word and showed more skin than anything on ABC did. When did Angie and Jessie get old? Their bodies officially changed.

• Members

Grrr! I have Hulu Plus and I can't find the episodes on my Roku. It only shows the clips as available. I didn't want to first watch them on my laptop, but I can't wait so I guess I will. That isn't a bad thing though, because I plan on watching both first episodes at least three times today! :D :D :D

• Members

The opening is cheaper than OLTL's for sure, missing characters too. Wtf! Griffin was definitely not in it. I liked the background/episode images but the way it's put together screams "made in five minutes," not sure how to explain it. The writing of the names is super generic too.

Loving the episode so far! Yes, Rob seems like a competent actor :)

• Members

The opening is cheaper than OLTL's for sure, missing characters too. Wtf! Griffin was definitely not in it. I liked the background/episode images but the way it's put together screams "made in five minutes," not sure how to explain it. The writing of the names is super generic too.

Loving the episode so far! Yes, Rob seems like a competent actor :)

Archived