AMC - Monday, April 29, 2013 Discussion Thread

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm watching AMC now and can see lots of kinks in the production that will hopefully be worked out, but overall it looks nice. My biggest problem is the acting, but I think that will improve once everybody gets comfortable. I think Jill Larson is the star so far. I thought Julia Barr was pretty bad. Not what I expected from her. I think she may have gotten some plastic surgery which is preventing her from emoting like she typically does. When AMC ended she was much better than this. Miranda was impressive, the other younger actors didn't do much for me but I could see them getting better with time.

• Members

Thank you :D

Nice way to wake up on my birthday by watching these two shows that mean a lot to me.

Final recap ....

I love Pete/Opal's relationship already.

Celia/Pete could have potential.

Francesca James <3

Jordan Lane Price

I like how it feels like AMC but it really does feel at least 'updated' and more 'natural and real' while still, to me, feeling like a soap.

The opening? It could use a bit of work. I like the song just fine but dammit I can't help missing the old tune, especially when I saw the book. Sigh. I HATE the names over the opening. I get why they did it, so it's fine, but without them I think the shots would look a lot better. It's not a bad opening it just needs some work.

AJ/Miranda ... I've gushed enough but I love them.

How weird we saw Dixie like what, once, twice? I'm glad for seeing so many people in an episode and it didn't feel too rushed overall.

The scenes of David getting out were good. Liked seeing him walk out and in the car/cab and the driver recognizing him. I like the use of extras and the location shooting.

So so very happy. Amazing potential. I'll post more coherent thoughts after I watch it about a bazillion times today.

Archived