AMC - Monday, April 29, 2013 Discussion Thread

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
LOL...I don't think theres any hope for that one. I think the old theme would just look a mess with all that dancingIs that a challenge? LMAO, lets see what someone comes up with after more footage has airedit reminds me of the last opening they had on ABC

• Members

Random bullet thoughts:

*the opening would've been a lot better if they didn't use those cheap animation transitions with the photos. Simple dissolves would've worked better.

*AJ/Miranda is clicking off the bat. Really effortless chemistry, and damn is Denyse Tontz just a star, and in not an overly precocious way either--as a Kane woman should be, heh.

*the profanity/raciness was definitely organic. David + Cara = hot.

*Rob Wilson was a big surprise, and seeing him in action you really see the James Mitchell resemblance in the eyes, which makes for good casting. Really worked well with Jill Larson and Jordan Lane Price.

*Angie/Jesse and Debbi/Darnell pick up where they left off... well, except for Debbi's Maya/Lucy flub that is.

*Evelyn really made an impression, and I'd love to see catfights with Opal down the line as you know she won't be too happy with the eventual Celia/Petey linkage.

*Agree with who said something felt a little off with Adam/Brooke, but still great seeing them together.

Not much else to add to what everyone else has said.

• Members

LOL, Lea is played by Paula Garces (Pilar on Guiding Light in the late 90s). She was just announced a couple weeks ago and I guess we already know now she will be Zach's love interest.

Love the old music over the new opening. I think that confirmed to me the way the pictures transition or whatever seems fine to me. i like the new music too though.

• Members

IMO, part of the reasons things seem a little off with Brooke/Adam is because their story has to be more generic (sans spoilers) until what really happened that night is revealed. The conversations are sparse. She has to react big to something not yet revealed.

I think the postponement in the wedding has to do with what happened that night, plus Adam signing something over to Brooke even before they are married shows a level of trust between the couple, and it will probably spell trouble with JR.

I don't think that Adam is living out of town, I think that he has been traveling a lot to repair the damage done to Chandler Enterprises since the night of the shooting, and visiting with Stuart and JR. It was rumored that he would be recurring, but I definitely think it is by his choice given his age, and still wanting semi-retirement.

JB definitely had some work done, but thankfully, the five week break seems to have given her time to already look less harsh - given photos at the premiere.

I love that the show opened on JB, and regardless of the opening (which I think is better with the classic theme) that PP dared to have a woman in her 60's and a man in his 70's kissing, and really kissing, not just a peck.

I thought Pete was good with Opal. And Evelyn seemed scary as hell with practically just one line to Celia. Love AJ and Miranda.

Overall, the dialogue was a mix of on the nose - "internet is where viewing is at" to funny "can't spell STD" to provocative with Angie referring to Jesse large penis.

Archived