AMC - Monday, April 29, 2013 Discussion Thread

• Members
i kinda hope not. I saw brother/sister chem which made sense since they were nearly step siblings. I'd rather they stay platonic

I did like the use of history with her referencing him punching out a kid got making fun of her mother's sexuality. That happened a few months before the show went off air. She said kindergarten but if that were the case, 5 years later they should be in 5th grade....lol

I wonder who the coma patient is. I'm guessing either JR or Tad.

Also wonder who David went to jail for killing. Ditto on the gravesite. I'm thinking Marissa or Cara's child, whom I'm presuming she have away and let him think is dead. I like his the set up these mysteries.

she wasn't on

thats bc he's going to be written out when Kendall returns to usher him off

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Webmaster

Cassandra appears in the "on the next" segment although you don't necessarily see her face. She's going with the driver that abducted her.

iirc, you see the shape of a naked AJ, and the tip of his butt crack, lmao. Can't believe I just wrote that about a soap.

• Members

No way Tad is dead. He's comatose if he's anything. They wouldn't ring that bell when they know there's a very good chance MEK will return later.

All in all: Very good. A bit rushed because of the 30-minute pilot setup, but very solid. Fresh, new, different which was so important for AMC - I rewatched a few of the last eps in the last day and all I could think was "too many useless people, way too many fuckin' kids." The eight thousand chirrun running around Zach and Kendall's house squealing and screaming and hollering, I just couldn't. Even most of the people I kind of liked (NuMarissa, JL's Liza, Scott, Madison) I was glad to see the back of. And Ryan, Greenlee - show eaters. Kendall needed a break. Fake Bianca was doing it even less for me than ever before.

This is a clean break, and it works. Rob Wilson was excellent, and the dynamic with him and Opal was very clear and down to earth, classic - she needs him, needs his affection and attention, and he doesn't know quite what he wants. They were lovely together.

Angie and Jesse were the new Joe and Ruth, the central couple but with hot sex. They were great. The house is gorgeous.

Brooke and Adam's scenes were cryptic and a little too short, but I think that was the intention right now. We're supposed to wonder what's up.

Cara and David - hot as hell. I do want more time, more dialogue given over to longer scenes with people like the Castillos, but I expect that will happen organically once they're not setting everything up. Certainly they did give more time to some stuff, like Opal/Pete and Angie/Jesse, and those scenes.

The exterior work was excellent. As I said, the cutting was fantastic, very different.

I like Eric Nelsen and Denyse Tontz a lot. I did not see his ass, I only saw Miranda pull the towel as he walked by. If someone can point his naked ass out to me I will oh-so-happily seek it out. I thought the dialogue for them was much more organic than any teens on ABCD, but I would like a little more exploration of the characters - which, again, I'm sure is coming once they're done with setup.

I don't have enough of a read on Celia yet. I thought the scene with Pete was a little too familiar too soon. But I like the mystery.

I spoke about the opening - it is not great, but also not terrible on a big screen. The music, the background imagery is fine with me. It's the FX and layout that need some work, but that will come in time. But really, if this is my only significant complaint about the premiere we're in pretty good [!@#$%^&*] shape. WHY CAN'T I CURSE, ERROL? ALL MY CHILDREN CAN.

All in all: Fresh, new, fun, home. All My Children. Very happy. Onto OLTL.

• Members
its been 5 years. I think they are way past the point of rebound. With Zach cozing up to Leah in the opening, I think he and Kendall are done. For all we know Griff are already an item and have been for years. He's finishing up some stuff in PV, before he goes and joins his wife in NY, where she heads up the Fusion office biggrin.png

You know who I hope is added? Lorenzo Santos. He'd be Adam's grandson and I can see being a rival to Petey. Maybe he can hook up with Cara and put him at odds with David too, which would reignite the feud between he and Adam.

• Members

I cannot believe they didn't reshoot that scene. Such a big slip up.

But, still I loved the episode overall. I'm rewatching it and OLTL again right now (well, AMC first...I'm 14 mins in.)

That comment Angie made about Jesse's wang is so freaking funny. My eyes bulged out of my head again on that.

And I loved this between Miranda to AJ

"Naked in the pool by the time we had floaties"

LMAO!

Those two are so good together. So good.

Archived