Tyler Perry's 'Haves and Have Nots' on OWN

• Members

Exactly! There's no objectivity when you wear all of the hats in a production. HAHN simply stinks! Yesterday, I became sad as I watched. Don't know why, I was just sad. My composure was gone at the 23 minute mark. When that happens, I'm bored to death. After that, I just needed it to end and it wouldn't. I may have to take this off the DVR because I get no enjoyment out of watching or trashing the show.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

SFK, I've thought the same thing. These deliberate, long drawn out scenes could easily be tightened. The long establishing shots of someone entering a room, or driving away from a building, could easily be trimmed or cut altogether. This could be a half-hour soap and we'd still get everything we need to get out of it.

And is it just me, or does this show have this uncanny ability at making real-life buildings look fake?? The outside of the Cryer mansion, Hannah's house, the political campaign headquarters... I swear, you'd think those were all made of styrofoam. It's so strange. They ARE real buildings, right?

• Members

Wow, I thought the exact same thing! When the mom and Wyatt stepped out the front door, I still wasn't totally convinced it was real! I am in such agreement, those long establishing shots, people making lengthy entrances, cars pulling up, that is all the kind of stuff AW did to fill the 90 minutes.

I can't shake it, that scene with the girl and Tika's character over the phone was just the most bizarre thing. The way she was acting. I was like, "What am I watching right now... and wait, this isn't something I stumbled upon on public access, there are hundreds thousands of people watching along with me." By the way, is she really the maid's daughter, because she looks Latina.

• Members

And to your point Chit, when the created, produced, written, directed, colored, crocheted by credit came up, it told me everything I needed to know and I so agree that it shows in the writing. This could be such an amazing opportunity for a brilliant soap writing mind.

• Members

Exactly. And as Vee and I said I think at the start of the thread, his direction is terrible. He doesn't help the AWFUL actors at all (like shirtless guy from the drano ads,) and his camera work is weird. He likes to have people when talking to each other, speaking DIRECTLY into the camera and I find it discomforting (no over the shoulder shot, or anything.)

Sadly you missed the scene where that girl was raped by her creepy professor. It went on SOOOOO long, and he kept on making the weirdest sounds...

• Members

Last week's show was so good and now we are back to crap.

LMAO at Crusty Celine: "Just bc he was African American, you assume, she was kidnapped?". Bootleg Sally blowing up at her was priceless

Amanda and Quincy...little white girl doesn't know what she is getting herself into

LMAO at Candice's confusion to Jeffrey's sex life

ih8O1Ie.jpg

Damn, she stayed looking press for a good minute not moving her face. "Where's your baby". I wish she'd shut up about that baby!

No Veronica = Fail!

Edited by Cheap21

• Members

Oh yes, it's painfully bad and yet funny. Anything with Wyatt or Jim & David are always the worst.

Jim: Really...

[pause. Cut to David.]

David: Yes.

[pause. Cut to Jim]

Jim: are you sure?

[pause. Cut to David]

David: Yes!

[pause. Cut to Jim]

Jim scoffs.

Sadly, I do want to see where it's all headed. But geez Louise, if I could be the editor and chop out the long pauses and establishing shots, and we'd have a bad Bold & Beautiful instead of a bad Young & Restless.