Tyler Perry's 'Haves and Have Nots' on OWN

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

It is lazy but he doesn't care enough to pay professional writers.

I didn't really watch Loving but I heard that was there was a serial killer that killed several characters in the final days of the soap. I remember on Capitol, some character were shot in front of a firing squad in the last days. Both of these instances sound better than what happened on HAHN. Perry's already moved on to BET, lol, 'bout to ruin another show.

• Members

I started watching this when I heard about the ridiculous series finale and I'm loving it. I'm almost done with the first season and this reminds me of a cross between The Young and the Restless from the Bill Bell era and Passions. It's funny because I've seen clips and heard about how ridiculous it gets, but you can see promise in this first season. This is written and paced like a 5 episode a week daytime soap and I feel like if you take the overall story plan for season one and give Tyler Perry a full staff of writers you could have a good daytime soap. The characters are interesting and I can see years of story out of them so it's sad to know Tyler Perry let his ego get in the way. Still, with that said, I do think he's the only person I can think of who could bring back the daytime soap.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I’m in season 3 and they’ve already written almost every character into a corner and I’m not even halfway through lol. This is the most bizarre show I’ve ever seen. 

For those who have seen other Tyler Perry shows, are they all written like daytime soaps with this slow ass pacing where one day could be 5-10 episodes? It works binging but I can’t imagine waiting week after week for this  

• Members

LOL...there are some whole seasons where the entire season takes place over the course of 1-2 days. It feels like Passions. Its like this for the most part on his shows. If Loving you is Wrong was like that. He got better with pacing on the BET shows but he still drags. I do think The Oval and Sistas overall are better than the OWN shows. Those shows feel more primetime soap and less daytime

Edited by Cheap21