Y&R: January 2013

• Members

I never even bother to watch Colleen's death. WTH was the point of that? I have ignored just about everything that happened under Alden/Smith from 2004, LML, and MAB. MAB in particular was a disaster for Y&R creatively from day one. Using her first story to indulge her love for modern art showed that she had no clue about the genre. She was nepotism at its worse.

Smith made so many bad decisions with Y&R. I would not be surprised if that is true about him being unable to give her more outs. In any case, it all worked out for Lyndsy in the end. She might have ended up staying on Y&R if Smith had accommodated her.

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The problem since Jack Smith's tenure is Y&R's constant use of short term stunts & temporary trends instead of their own canvas.

For instance The Barber Winters didn't HAVE to be "boring" after Vicki left but there was absolutely no use for those characters beyond treating them as tokens instead of honoring the loyalty of proven talents like Veronica, Tonya, Kristoff & Bryton.

But every subsequent post-Alden regime hasn't cared to invest in Y&R.

Instead they comfortable allowing rabid fanbases & new fans to ruin the show with their agendas.

• Members

Actually, the last five episodes or so (including today's Tuesday ep for the US) have been pretty good. In my humble opinion. I love the Jabot and NE corporate scenes, have really been missing them. Like the bullying SL and Michael and Lauren's involvement (I hate the Fisher/Baldwins like the rest of you and wish GR and EH would land a pilot somewhere, but I can't hate on Michael and Lauren, I just can't). I even am ok watching Phyllis. I'm not really feeling Nick and Avery though, which makes me sad as I love Jessica Collins and used to love Avery.

And I know this is heresy but... Steve Burton might bring some new energy to the show. Which wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing.

Archived