Y&R: January 2013

• Members

They recognized Angell Conwell after she has been recurring for quite awhile, so why not Tatyana (who has been occasionally popping up since 2007)?

Would Tatyana even want a longer stay, though?

On another note, it's weird how much airtime Khalil is getting only now that she is recurring.

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Tatyana Ali was recently part of a very thought provoking independent film where she plays a young mother who has been deported to her native Trinidad (Tatyana, the actress is both of Trinidadian and Panamanian heritage) one of a few characters whose stories are highlighted in this film who now have to survive living in a society they are no longer familiar with.

The film also stars Lyriq Bent (ABC's Rookie Blue) and CCH Pounder (Baghdad Cafe).

It debuted late last year at the Toronto Film Festival and should be making the rounds in the U.S. next month sometime (yes, Black History Month)wink.png

I'm glad she, like Tonya Lee Williams are doing other things and not waiting for Y&R to tap into their talents.

Too bad for the viewers, that the staff at Y&R do not seem to be able to write for any other characters than the ones they've already anointed with stories.

• Members

TA gets no attention or story because she is paired with Bryton and they are not interested in his character having a love life...only Neil's. It's why Neil gets all black women not Winters/Barber related regardless of age. It's more important that he has story and a love life than Devon.

AC got a contract by default. Sony and CBS refused to bring back VR or hire another BW. So JG and JFP had to work with what they already had. And that is AC (no way were they going to try to put Neil back with Sofia playe dby JPM) . And why not. Fans like her. I don't know how much longer that will last when she gets with Neil and start to make mistakes.

• Members

I am myself of West Indian heritage, so I'm keenly interested in the subject of this movie. And the cast seems very interesting.

The film was shot in Canada, Jamaica and Trinidad. There is a burgeoning indie film scene in the Caribbean these days.

Oh, the name of the film is Home Again.

• Members

So I was reading some old Y&R articles, when I discovered that Alden and Smith choose not to renew Lyndsy Fronesca's contract? WTF? I always thought that she left on her own accord. Why on earth would Alden and Smith let one half of their only young couple with potential go? Did they start taking in drugs in 2004? I will never understand what happened in 2004.

Archived