Y&R: January 2013

• Members

Another reason I liked JVA's Gloria is because although she had made a humble life for herself in Detroit, she was still a bad person--and JVA wasn't afraid to play that. I feel like Chapman they had her doing nasty things then whining for people to forgive her. I could *never* see JVA agreeing to play that. She accepted Gloria's flaws and dark qualities. Of course Joan is just more of a complex actress so I guess it's to be expected.

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think as an actress JC is far superior, but she is playing what is written and what the show wanted. Camp and comedy.

JVA's glroia wouldnt have been anything on Y&R because JVA herself has said she couldnt handle the work load and that showed in her work and as time went on as opposed to getting used to it i think she would tapered off before just being forgotten.

Gloria is a disaster though and has far, far outlived her welcome. Kevin too.

• Members

Exactly.

JVA grounded the character in reality & earned the audience's sympathy.

Her Gloria was a greedy, low class, manipulative, hard living schemer who couldn't stay out of trouble & when she dealt with the consequences of her actions it was in that regard instead of a misunderstood social climber like Chapman's Gloria.

JVA's Gloria was a lot like Ilene Kristen's Delia.

The problem with Chapman (is like Heinle) she plays a very specific type & since the writers care more about plot than character it's easy for them to write to an actors strength instead of keeping characters in character.

• Members

Gawd, how could I forget the worse redemption story EVAH; Kevin Fisher. Mac running around defending Kevin, a pedophile who tried to murder Colleen and gave a child an STD. For f'k sake, Kevin ended up being J.T.'s roommate and embraced by John whose granddaughter he almost killed. I swear, I rolled my eyes throughout that ridiculous story and then, stopped for watching for awhile. It is exactly that kind of BS that costs soap viewers.

The character of Kevin should have never been brought back, period. If they felt that they desperately had to keep Greg Rikaart, they should have gone with the twin scenario. It worked for GH. When they realized how talented Jon Lindstrom was when he played the serial killer, Ryan Chamberlain, they brought him back as Kevin Collins, Ryan's twin. Kevin had to overcome Ryan's crimes and win over the people of PC. Kevin became one of GH's best characters.

• Members

Cane's repulsing and comes across like a predator.

Lily's hair looks like a rat's nest and her sex scavenger hunt wasn't sexy.

Glad Victor's PI turned on him.

Not surprised Mason wants to jump ship. Can't blame him for not wanting to work under the two bafoons when he has ambition. I'm really liknig this character.

Noah and Adriana have great chemistry.

Phyllis is back to acting like she's holier than thou.

Archived