Characters you always rooted for, no matter what

• Members

LOL! I haven't seen this episode since it originally aired. Ridge driving through the gates, doing his best Blue Steel impersonation and intoning "Hold on, Doc! I'm coming to get you!" is the most hilarious thing ever -- B&B could be campy in a good way then.

Secondly, Dr. Tim! I had forgotten that he got tangled up with another redhead.

Thirdly, I like the current credits but B&B's classic credits were such a burst of colour and glamour. LOVE!

OMG, the hair toss. Sarah Buxton was a truly amazing soap actress, the fiery redhead bombshell (Aaron Spelling is the one who mandated that she get her hair dyed red-auburn, Buxton had been a brunette before, and the red hair changed everything). I still hold out hope that she returns to Daytime one day. This genre was made for her. She was like a Valley Erica Kane on Sunset Beach but on B&B she took it further, marrying the campy cray cray with this undertow of deep sadness and yearning to be accepted. I was disappointed that Brad Bell took her down the crazy psycho route because it seemed such a lazy way out, when SB could play the conflicted, broken vixen so much better. Morgan could have been a thorn in Stephanie's side for years if they'd wanted. She and Deacon could have sparked as the outsiders of the group. They also started a tentative friendship between her and Brooke...

B&B is, like, 15 years of What Could Have Beens for me sometimes.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

ITA about Brooke, though I'm positive she slept with Connor and almost sure she did the nasty with Dr. Virgin too (though not 100% on that one).

Count me in on the Drucilla love too! Always on Dru's side, even when she did things I didn't agree with. Sort of like ATWT's Carly, who could piss me off at times too but couldn't help but root for her.

This Kate Roberts/Lauren Koslow love on here truly baffles me. I can't put my finger on it, but there has been something about her since day 1 I just haven't liked and I've never wavered. I LOVED Deborah Adair's Kate and was ready to welcome LK with open arms, but she's a completely different character, one who's more generic- obvious even!- and I don't care for it. It's a shame too because Kate was one of the first successful supporting characters of the 90s for me. I LOVED her backstory and thought DA made her sympathetic and complex somehow when she could have gone another way. She played against the material as opposed to going all in and it was far more interesting to watch imo.

• Members

I don't think Brooke ever slept with Pierce.

I always have an issue with the idea of Brooke being slutty because aside from the affair with Deacon, Taylor (who was for many years presented as the patron saint and moral beacon of B& B has done the exact same things Brooke has done. She didn't accidentally have sex with her daughter's boyfriend, which never made sense anyway, but the rest, she did.

As for Morgan, I lost interest in that story once they turned away from the pain Stephanie had caused her and just made her another generic imitation psycho.

• Members

No, she didn't sleep with Pierce I don't think, but I'm almost positive she did the other two. Definitely Connor at least because I remember watching it lol. I've always had a soft spot for hot Scott Thompson Baker, even before he presented Marcy with her Emmy.

I kind of agree about Morgan DeWitt- I certainly rooted for her in her initial storyline. It was horrific (yet believable) what Stephanie and Ridge had done to this girl. Sarah Buxton is another actress who just rocks and I can't help but love her and root for her wherever she lands.

• Members

If you meant James, they did sleep together. I remember a hot scene where she got a bunch of Egyptian slave girls (not literally, just women in the outfits) and teased him, then they all left and she had her fun. I loved Brooke/James together back then, especially compared to his depressing and tasteless story with Taylor.

• Members

I just am not one who can condone the unethical behaviors of people/characters. However, the soap character I most root for is probably Bob Hughes. He just seems like such a down to earth, moral person. Of course, his morality is deeply flawed, given his history of adultery. When he committed that sin, I could neither condone nor root for him. Yet, I never found myself hating him, either.

• Members

To think: if AS THE WORLD TURNS had outlived Don Hastings, chances are, they would have subjected us to a massive ret-con, revealing that, in fact, Bob always cheated on his wives, and had fathered half the town; and if anyone dared raise objections, all they have to do is say, "Well, look at his history!" :(

Archived