Characters you always rooted for, no matter what

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I just have always loved Lindsay Hartley, so i can't help it if the fan fiction in my brain starts to act up LOL....

Lindsay can probably still land prime time gigs as she is one of the more talented actresses.

It's just a shame that Liza Huber (who played her arch enemy Gwen on Passions) has apparently retired from acting...She kicked ass, even if I hated the character.

• Members

Days:

Vivian Alamain

Lucas Roberts

Jack Deveraux

Carly Manning(only when she was not up against Vivian)

Kate Roberts (only when she was not up against Vivian)

Caroline Brady

Nurse Lynn

Lexie Carver

Jonah Carver

Nick Fallon

Ford Decker

and of course Neil Curtis

Another World:

Iris Cory

John Hudson

Sharlene/Sharly/Kate

Amanda Cory

Cass Winthrop

Carl Hutchins

Donna Love

Grant Harrison

GL:

Beth Raines

Alexandra Spaulding

Roger Thorpe

Chrissy Blake

Harley Cooper

Billy Lewis

Vanessa Lewis

Melinda Sue

Holly Reade

Ed Bauer

ATWT:

John Dixon

Lucinda Walsh

Iva Synder

Tom Hughes

Susan Stewart

Emily Stewart

David Stenbeck

Rose D'Angelo

• Members

Damn. I forgot to mention Ashley Abbott (as played by Eileen Davidson) on Y&R!

LOL, I can't with Sami. I think she's a harridan! But I decreased my Days viewing in the mid- to late-90s so maybe I would feel differently if I had watched her full progression as a character.

I don't think there is any character that I root for "no matter what" as writers are always coming up with new plots to "challenge" rolleyes.gif your take on the character. Sometimes it works, sometimes it ruins the character for you. I can't say I have sanctioned everything Marlena or Brooke or Ashley have ever done but I do love the characters -- just not to the point of standom.

• Members

LOL! Sami has had some of the worst writing of all time over the past 10 years and shes still one of the only things that keeps me coming back and invested in the show.

As for the second part, i agree and i dont. Like i understand what your saying - but there is nothing some characters, namely Elizabeth Webber, could do that would never make me root against her. Defend it, maybe not, but actively root against or not support? I cant ever see that. And i own all of her faults. I cant stand it when fans deny things their character have done or dismiss it.

• Members

i am the same. like with liz right now switching results people keep asking me how i can defend it, i dont defend it, its wrong - but its also soapy and its nice to see her take her halo off sometimes and be the bitch she used to be. lol.

tho i do always defend sami when people call her a slut because i truly think shes not a slut. shes been with like 6-7 men in nearly 20 years and only ever cheated 1-2 times. thats not a slut or a whore to me.

• Members

The slut thing must be linked somehow to the fact that she has all those children from different fathers, and that smacks of a particular stereotype. Sami's not in that category and IA, I also think that when she's cheated she has often immediately owned up to it, or tried to make it right. She can differentiate between right and wrong most of the time now (not so much when she was a deluded teen on JER's Days!), even if she chooses the wrong path, she does so knowing it.

Archived