Best/Worst Soap Funerals

• Members

Look no further than the complete demolishing of the Spencer family as proof of this. After all, he:

1. Transformed Luke from a loving husband and dedicated father that I knew into a drunk grandkid-killing and hooker-partaking louse with zero respect for anything or anybody - including himself*

2. Turned Laura from a strong and clear-minded woman who didn't take any sh!t from anyone to a weaking who turned the other cheek when her true love cheated on her with his BFF's woman.

3. Turned Lucky from a soulful and intelligent young man to a brainless dolt and then to a spineless punk who no one had any respect for.

4. SORASed Lulu into an obnoxious twat (in other words, Slagbeast, Jr.) - the complete opposite of what L&L's daughter should've been.

5. Created some greasy-ass bootleg Jack Sparrow character as a result of Luke hooking up with his BFF's woman and called him Luke's son while expecting us to accept him as the son that Luke deserved instead of that hapless Lucky.

*yes, I'm well aware that TG played a part in that crap, but Guza still came up with that crap and made it happen on my screen

Say what you will about this latest Hatfields vs. McCoys feud of SON, but at least the pro-Cartini folks never felt compelled to create a GH Alternative thread.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You know Viki Lord had nice funerals for two of her husbands (and none came back from the dead...she visited them a couple of times though LOL). Joe Riley's funeral was pretty sad. pregnant Viki wearing the black head cloth thing of the 70's and deciding not to tell Kevin just yet because he was too young and Tina by her side. I wasn't a big fan of Sadie Gray singing so i thought Viki could have done better there. but everything else was real nice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkEcVahFmQM&feature=relmfu

and the funeral for Sloan was pretty nice too. a full military funeral for the general. maybe they went to Arlington to film it too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7-DiWvz6zw

Unfortunitly for Ben, they had been talking about his death for so long that by the time he actually died, they just had a candalight service for him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvPL3qcr3VY

• Members

I've liked most of AMC's. Even near the end, it was nice that we got some sort of tribute to characters like Myrtle and Palmer.

As to this thread now becoming a Guza vs RonCar thread--as much as I dislike a lot of both people's work (I didn't mind Loving when Guza co-headwrote with Millee Taggert), I don't think any of them have set out to destroy the shows. I never buy into it that any writer wants to destroy a show (OK, some of what's been said about Pratt when he was at AMC may be an exception, but...)

Archived