Best/Worst Soap Funerals

• Members

BJ (GH) and Laura's (AMC) deaths stand-out for two reasons - they were children, and two characters who didn't end up coming back from the dead. There was a finality to both deaths, even though organ transplants were involved in both.

Then, there are the funerals that were for the characters as well as the actors - those were touching and special for obvious reasons.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Tom Horton takes the cake for best funeral, IMHO. Beautiful. Heartbreaking. It was everything.

In more recent years, Georgie funeral on GH was great. Lots of diff emotions from lots of diff people, all appropriate - and Maxie giving Felicia a tongue whipping was perfect. John Blacks last funeral on Days was done very well. I think lila's on GH was also well done.

• Members

the history rewrite wasnt needed, but I also didnt find it shocking. The writing can be blamed all one wants to blame it, the fact is Felicia was not around for her girls and she did just breeze in after the death expecting maxie and everyone to praise the ground she walked on for taking time out of her busy life to come home for her daughters funeral. It was sick, but it also was, IMHO in character given the time away and even the brief returns she had previously had or even the time before she left. Shes an awful mother and I was so glad they let maxie point it out. I was saddened they made her to look the bad guy for doing it too.

It wasnt out of grief for Georgie tho, it was Maxies anger, her hatred, finally coming to a serface as a way to not deal with what really happened. I thought Storms was perfect during the funeral, and before like when she found out. and after like the freakout in Kellys.

• Members

I thought the acting at Georgie's funeral was good, but knowing that the drama and Maxie's behaviour was a result of rewrites (Felicia running off with Frisco) and retcons (Felicia being an awful horrible mother when anyone who watched throughout the 90s and early 2000s knows that wasn't true) made it feel false and forced to me.

• Members

She was a great mother then.

And then she abadoned her kids and missed very huge moments in their life when they needed her. Just because a mom was great during childhood fosnt make her a great mom for life. The fact that she was off canvas does not excuse her absence in their lives and make it ok.

• Members

ITA. Guza was a real piece of work. When I sit back and think about all the damage he and JFP did to my beloved show, it gets me so angry.... So, I try not to think about it. I'll give FV and RC this - they do seem to be trying to rectify some of Guza's wrongs. It's just that there is so much destruction that Guza created that I don't know if they'll manage to even correct half of it. sad.png

• Members

Exactly how are they trying to rectify Guza's destruction? By rehashing old crap, with a slightly different spin only for absolutely NOTHING to come of it? I still don't know why Jerry Jacks held the town captive for $88 million when his brother is a gazillionaire. There are so many holes in EVERYTHING they do, and NOTHING has been resolved. They are tossing in week long filler eppies because they don't have the skills to write follow through on their stories, so they drag them out. When they finally resolve something, it no longer matters and we just move on. GH characters are written horribly while the OLTL babies are totally in character. Again, Cartini are already inept, and then we add the OLTL distraction to their mess?

Pretend like I'm 5 and break the repairs down to me because I see no attempt to "repair" anything. I see really really bright garbage day in and out. SInce their tenure, there is one eppy I enjoyed from start to finish. Only one!

Archived