Best/Worst Soap Funerals

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Thanks for the information. ah! of course he's going to be killed off...this is General Hospital. Nobody dies quietly anymore. I'm suprised they aren't going to put a stunt man in and have him die in a shower of bullets! I'm just glad the poor guy didn't die a month ago because they would have killed him off during that Jerry Jax "killing through water" story.

• Members

I second that. I think that there is an actual correlation between soap viewer's and the soap's themselves. I watch soap's partly so I can see how certain character's deal with a certain crisis or unusual situations. Erica, Tad, Dorian and Tracy are a few of my role models.

• Members

No, Gabrielle needed a Viking funeral. I'm talking ship, I'm talking water, I'm talking setting the damn thing on fire. Not because I disliked the girl -- far from that! -- but that's what you do for a force of nature like Gabrielle Medina.

• Members

IIRC, Helen Wagner's death occurred just as ATWT was gearing up for their last few weeks of episodes. So, yeah, it wasn't as if they had the luxury of time on their side. On the other hand, while bringing back a host of former characters might have been too much of a logistical nightmare for a production team that had enough on its hands, what was to stop the scriptwriter from throwing in a simple line or two, explaining Penny and Don and their families had to leave immediately after the funeral?

Archived