GH: Alternative

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Lmao. Whatever I have never praised anything. I have said time and time again I don't like RC at GH. I just said OLTL characters are not "invading" anything. So get over yourself. I will post where I please.

• Members

Regardng the whole "invasion" debate, the OLTL die-hards are saying that four characters from their soap does not consistute an invasion. However, the most important point is not the total number of characters crossing-over, but rather the fact that these characters consume much of the screen time on GH.

I'm no fan of Sonny, Jason, Sam, and Carly, so--from a personal perspective--I really am not that upset that their screen time is being reduced by characters from OLTL. My major beef is that Cartini didn't bring the best that OLTL had to offer over to GH (like ES, HBS, RSW, and JVD), but rather selected only their personal pets; aside from the very talented FL, none of these OLTL transplants can act.

• Members

I think the biggest issue is that these folks were brought on to provide additional story or extended stories to the same people GH has written for for years. Plus I don't think as a character , Tea or McBain add much diversity to the canvas in terms of the type of characters they are. I think Howarth as Todd could have easily moved into a story around the Quartermaines with Michael, Tracy, and Starr and maybe a recast Dillon. I'm not sure the objection is really the characters themselves it's how they are being used. I doubt that's going to change no matter who they bring on. It's pretty obvious they don't care about rebuilding the canvas or any type of community, its just about casting names they want or think they can write easily for.

• Members

Those are great points, Jane.

Also, if Cartini wanted to bring on an OLTL character and tied that character to GH's history, they could have easily hired Tonja Walker (as others have suggested) and revised GH history by stating that Olivia St. John Jerome did not die, but instead was moved to Llanview and given the alternative identity of Alex Olanov. However, this didn't happen because she is not one of their pets. (Instead, they bring on characters who have no ties to Port Charles and are portrayed by actors who have no talent.)

• Members

Says the person with an OLTL avatar.

I don't like Sonny, Jason, Sam or Carly but I had a hope that FV and RC would give the other more likable GH characters more airtime. Unfortunately, RC & FV have given that airtime to OLTL characters and I resent the hell out of it.

• Administrator

No, that is not the purpose of this thread. Sorry. This thread is here as an alternate thread for those who want to continue this OLTL vs GH war, or want to constantly rehash old storylines, or anything that is not episode-discussion-related. Those people who just want to have an episode related discussion should use the monthly thread.

• Members

Your opinion. Some of us loved GH for many years and now find it unwatchable. We want to talk about that and here we are.

It is the OL defenders who are causing the problem here. The least they could do is leave us in peace. They already have a thread, let us have ours.

• Members

As much as i enjoy being the cynical, soap hating, bad fan bitch, this thread makes me sad. Not because I think it shouldn't exist, I completely understand why it does but I just find it unfortunate that this is what's left of GH and ABC soaps. When GH goes, it will be in worse shape than either AMC or OLTL because the people running it don't care about it. Whatever their faults, Broderick/Nixon finished AMC with love. The same goes for RC/FV and OLTL. (I think they're hacks and liars but they are hacks and liars who loved their show.)

GH won't get that. GH's end will be written by someone who's only using it for a paycheck and as a chance to vindicate himself. (Does anyone think RC wants to write GH?) While the audience and boards will be filled with people debating whether it sucked more THEN or NOW.

Even GL left with more dignity.

Archived