GH: Alternative

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I said earlier I never liked Guza's teenboy tits and guns GH fantasy, but he knew how to tell a story. Except when those with more power stepped in and pulled his stories partway through, Guza's stories had a beginning, a middle and an end.

I thought Guza was pretty misogynistic, but he's a marshmallow compared to what is on GH now.

• Members

Cartooni are trash non writers, and the GH fans got the screws put to us. Nothing cartooni has ever done on any soap was/is as good as Guza's worst! GH fans deserve our ending and not with these damn interlopers! I will never forgive ABCd for this!

• Members

There was a lot of anger and bickering over people who felt the show was still good and people who thought it sucked. A number of those posters aren't here now (I do miss MarkH, even though I was probably not fair to him as he was trying to enjoy the show). This went into a lot of tangents, and the threads were split, to talk about day to day Y&R and to talk about more general comments on the writers and the show.

• Members

I never had that emotional attachment to Y&R, the way I did with ATWT/GL, but I just couldn't stand seeing Sheffer praised for wrecking another soap. Eventually the tides did turn, not just here, but on most boards. No amount of perfume can cover such constant [!@#$%^&*].

• Members

Remember the constant excuses we were fed (especially network interference and somebody else's idea at the show) by Sheffer apologists and his inner-circle of mouthpieces like Tom Casiello for why the material they was appearing on DAYS/Y&R was not Sheffer's fault?

Then Sheffer ended up recycling the same brand of s.hit from show to and show and those excuses became more and more unlikely.

Similarly, almost a year after he's been gone from the show, Guza is still being blamed for mistakes with current stories on GH...

• Members

I think MAB always gets more blame than Sheffer, even when it is clearly his work, but then, she is the one who went out and did all the interviews.

I don't disagree with blaming Guza for GH's core problems but when you say how fantastic GH is now (when they still basically use lousier versions of his plots) and then say well, it's still not good because of him, then it cancels itself out.

I don't think I can ever forget the genius of "Jack Abbott, black rabbit" and "cut the crap!"

• Members

I missed Y&R horribly at first, but I got past that. I haven't been tempted to watch or even to know what's going on with the show for a long time. I admit it bothers me a bit to say that because I loved it at one time and watched every day.

It's too awful now.

• Members

I don't disagree that Guza altered the entire structure of this show in ways that are not repairable.

But when he's still getting blamed for current character direction and current plots, something isn't right there. For example, it clearly wasn't just Guza who loved Sonny, Jason and Carly, and when you add the poorly drawn "invaders" into the mix, it doesn't exactly make for a fluid show.

• Members

Kind of off topic but why did CBS want Jack Smith and Kay Alden replaced? And was there a feeling LML in some sense reenergized Y&R for a time or has she just been considered an utter disaster from day 1? I remember MAB getting a heap of praise her first 6 months to a year.

Archived