GH: Alternative

• Members

I never got the sense that they loved OLTL in its last few years. I think the great purge of early 2010 pushed away the few dregs of talent Carlivati had, and now it's just variations of his pet themes (rape is hot, mentally ill women are hilarious, rape is hot).

Now they're at GH and not even trying. Just vomiting up the same lazy themes and recycling tired old GH stories which drove away viewers in the first place.

I think my favorite is that now we have "heroes", and how GH is now about "heroes"...while Sam is naming her stillborn son after the man who rejected said child over and over.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think since SweetPea created the thread, SweetPea would know the purpose of the thread. I know that you're a moderator, and we've had PM's about this before, however, considering the fact that you're not "moderating" a certain couple of posters in the GH MONTHLY Discussion thread but deleting posts of people you don't like instead is part of the reason this thread is created... So those sainted few can praise the DAILY brilliance of Carlivati/Valentini, and those of us who deplore their work can do so without having the RC/FV fans chastise us for doing so.

• Members

Which is why I am so turned off by Carlivati's writing for GH... because it's just that. Writing a show for a paycheck while incorporating the characters he ACTUALLY LIKES in order to ease the discomfort.

The fact that Ewen was knocked out back in April and was "Revived" until June is evidence. Let Starr, John, Todd or Tea get knocked out in April, we would've had weeks upon weeks of "Whodunit" with every last contracted GH-First character playing second/third/every-other-week fiddle to this story. We've heard more about Hope and Cole than we've heard about Ewen or even Maggie Mumphis. GH-First characters who were/are connected to current GH-First characters. Yet, Steve has no problem with the fact that his ex-girlfriend committed suicide to save him. Liz has been virtually a dayplayer even though the man she's been dating has been in a coma for six weeks.

• Administrator

This is suppose to be an "alternative" or "potpourri" thread where anyone can join in. SweetPea doesn't have the right to tell anyone to not post here or anywhere else on this board. If people want exclusivity of posters for a certain type of discussion, there's the DTS: Love/Hate forum.

• Members

Sonny, Jason and Carly are so loathsome I actually prefer the OLTL characters. I think what leaves a bad taste in my mouth is the OLTL characters are not in a supporting role. The whole baby story was basically told as Todd's dilemma. Sam didn't get to call anyone but Tea got to show photos of Victor and call that retcon daughter of hers. I think the baby story is entertaining and I am liking it, I just would have liked it better if the person forced into a baby switch was a GH character. Meanwhile, Patrick and Anna don't really get any story at all about their dead wife/daughter.

I am happy OLTL fans have a way to feel like the characters they love still exist, and soaps are in such dire straits I am happy to share GH with OLTL fans, but the depth of story and elaborate plot twists like we are seeing here should have gone to GH characters, not Todd and Tea. They're the guests.

• Members

There are cast members on GH whom I enjoy and whom I would like to see in the six months or so we have left of GH. I wouldn't mind if there were cast integration so we weren't stuck with the mobettes and the OLs for the short time we have left.

Where is Patrick? Where is Elizabeth? Where are the other people we used to get brief glimpses of, who seem to be mostly gone now.

I wouldn't care about the rest if we got to see some of our favorites now.

• Members

I notice that even on boards which love our saviors, I rarely hear constructive comments about what works on GH. I mostly hear, "This is so soapy!" or, "This is soapy goodness!" or, "Sonny and Jason aren't the good guys anymore!" (even though they are basically still written as good guys).

It's about a cult of personality, not about the quality of the show. Once you get beyond the hype, there is nothing to see.

• Members

GH has the chance to end on a high note. Frons is gone, there's no Prospect Park fantasy to indulge and everyone has enough notice that the end is coming, But none of that is going to matter. Ron is going to use GH as a host for his parasite version of OLTL.

• Members

It's all about whom the HW is because I guarantee if it were Guza writing this show or Wolfe the praise would immediately shift to criticism. The fact that many were praising this show the first day RCs writing showed up and it was the same dreck tells me that. It reminds me so much of the Dollhouse debate, a show so misogynistic but the Fangurls and fanboys of the HW and creator wouldn't let it die it's deserved death.

Archived