GH: Alternative

• Members

I know others have pointed out this post but I wanted to do the same because it is simply brilliant. I have loved GH for more than 3 decades and while I really couldn't stand the last decade of the CarSason show, at least I knew it was GH. I want just as much time and effort devoted to the GH characters as the OLTL characters get. No. I want more. I want the OLTL characters to go away and for the GH characters to get their airtime. Is that too much to ask on what is probably going to be the last year on the air for GH? I'm sure we'd see the same amount of resentment if GH characters invaded OLTL and Viki, Bo and Dorian were paraded around once every 3 weeks.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

My memory is sometimes faulty, but I think we have to go all the way back to Marcus Taggert, Dara Jensen, Gia Campbell and Florence Campbell for any genuine representation on GH. At one time, Taggert was a serious adversary of Sonny's, before they began writing him OTT. His backstory that Deke had gotten him off the streets and gave him a chance and he hated Sonny for killing Deke seemed plausible. He and Dara and his family all disappeared fairly quickly.

Instead of standing at the nurses' station barking at everybody, it looked like Epiphany was going to get her own story. They gave her a son named Stanford who was the mob's techie before that buffoon Spinelli came along. Then Stanford was killed in a mob hit and Jason promised Epiphany he would investigate which might have given Epiphany her own story. Poof! nothing.

There were rumors all along that Frons did not like minorities on "his" soaps, which certainly fits with what happened on the ABC soaps after he took over.

I don't consider Night Shift to be GH, but on Night Shift Sonja Eddy had a love interest with Billy Dee Williams and more story.

I liked Shawn, but he seemed to be a place keeper for Carly. I don't think he started out that way, but in retrospect that's what he became.

• Members

So let me get this straight you'd rather have GW's version where after the explosion Patrick found Robin tried to save her but she was DEAD. Your rather have her dead than alive. I get so annoyed when people say were not getting this fanbase or that one. Soaps should not write to fambases, IMHO fanbases have killed soaps. If your a TRUE Fan of a soap you watch for the show and not a character or set of characters.

Writers cant make all fans happy all the time. That is not their job. RC & FV are doing a great job because here weare talking about it. If you werent talking about it or indifferent than that would be a problem

• Members

I hate this reasoning. Soap viewers are consumers who have every right to state what they want to see and every reason to quit watching when they find the product substandard. It's not up to the viewers to support a show, it's up to the people making the shows to put out a product viewers want to support. The fact that they've failed so miserably at that is the reason we're now down to four soaps with two on life support.

• Members

Have I said that I liked GW's version of GH? Have I said that I liked Guza's version of GH? No. But I don't like RC and FV's version of GH either. Just because it is a smidge better than Guza's GH, does not mean that I have to like it. I don't like crumbs. Yes, some people like this GH but many others do not. And there is NOTHING wrong with saying we do not like this version.

• Members

IA with the fans part but not the talking. GH and Days have for many many years had the most active online fan community. That never changed regardless of who wrote the show. If anything I see less overall online chatter about GH. The talking about GH on this board in recent months Rarely has anything to do with story more about the wars between GH and OLtL purists.

• Members

The rumors that Robin was going to die from AIDS from Lisa's injection brought outrage. I think the message is that people can live normal lives and no one is allowed to deviate from that message. My own brother died of AIDS because after a lot of good years, his body began rejecting the drugs. I doubt it's unheard of.

• Members

ITA. But I honestly don't think there is a writer left today who could do that type of story justice. I also had a very close friend pass away last year after years on being on a variety of meds so death as a result of Aids even after years of appearing relatively healthy is still realistic.

The leaving Robin "alive" was I am sure a way to try and gain some support. In principle it was not a bad approach but it was just another idea executed poorly.

• Members

Ever since KMc's return, GH has been afraid of Robin/KMc's vitriolic fanbase who fought the entire time she was gone to get GH to maintain her sainthood. No man she was ever with was allowed to have other relationships. Kiss of death for Patrick. Her half-assed death might have been done to placate them, even though KMc said she never wants to return.

It's a very good example of how a show accommodates a fanbase.

• Members
Huh? Jason has had plenty of relationships post Robin. The only man she's even been with since her return has been Patrick so I don't see how you can say no man she has ever been with was allowed other relationships

Archived