GH: Alternative

• Members

Bridget and Jerome Dobson? No, wait, they've retired. Frank and Doris Hursley? No, wait, they're dead.

I'm stumped.

Funny, but that's what RC's characters say whenever they're about to, uh, make love to a woman.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I would dislike Alderson no matter where she came from. She's a bad combination of homely and untalented, and there has been entire too much time spent on her and her annoying character Starr. I don't know why EPs choose the least attractive characters/actors to be airhogs, but she's the perfect example of that.

Howarth is the only transplant I could live with. Too bad they wedged him in rather than bringing him on the way they did other mob adversaries. It was always a rather gradual lead-in, where Sonny and Jason realized they had a new enemy, then they identified the enemy, then we began seeing the enemy.

Someone needs to lock Lozano in a room with an endless looped tape of her screeching until she finally realizes how it feels to be on the receiving end. She's not the only one on GH I feel that way about, but she's the subject this time. I can't believe I liked her a long time ago.

I hope they find a cure for narcolepsy in time to help Easton. Back in his Port Charles days, I used to consider him ugly-sexy. Now he's just ugly.

• Members

Even as a child actor Kristen Alderson sucked. Some people (I won't know why) thought it was cute that the show presented her as Todd apologist and spoiled brat.

As she grew older, it was clear that this girl was getting weirder looking and uglier and her acting was never going to mature or get any better. This certainly impacted how they wrote for her too.

• Members

I thought Starr was kind of funny for a while but that got real old real fast. The role should have been recast when it was obvious that she was going to get ugly as she grew up instead of cute. With all of those years of practice, wouldn't you think she would have learned to act?

• Members

I think she could have done a decent job as a wealthy single mother, ambitious, with a more passive boyfriend, trying to hang out and have fun and not quite knowing what she wants to be. I even think that a rivalry with someone like Kristina could have been OK, if women on these shows weren't treated like meat. I could see them as being like Hope and Steffy on B&B.

• Members

I could see that, Carl. Maybe in the process, she would learn to play restrained emotions instead of going over the top all the time. I'm afraid she saw too much of FL and it won't help if she spends any time around LW.

• Members

She had her share of restrained moments on OLTL, at least for a while. She's never been a good actress but I do think she was OK in the late 00's. I say this as someone who was not crazy about her as a child actress.

Archived