GH: Alternative

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I said If FV & RC werent at GH now, I dont think any of the oLTL actors ould have come over. I also said that it says a lot about who they are as people that they got 14 contract actors from OLTL to agree to continue with the Prospect Park Version. So even though some may not like what FV & RC have done at Gh, they are widely respected.

• Members

The one thing, which is big, that I hate about the OLTL invasion, is that instead of these OLTL characters being brought onto the show, we could have had actual GH characters from the past return. We all know GH is on its last leg, and what we saw on OLTL and AMC during their final year was the return of old favorites and former characters...and although RC is a terrible story writer, he was always big on blast from the pasts, which GH could seriously use right now. I mean of all the great OLTL charatcers, they bring over Starr, who was hated on her own show, Todd, who was gone for over 6 years, and Tea...and I mean I like her but she is hardly some legacy character.

I seriously think GH is going to go out on a bum note, without any sembelance of former glory like AMC and OLTL kind of had in it's final days.

It's just sad to watch a soap I loved so much, be soo lost. They've wasted SOO MUCH time on the current set of characters, when they could have been building a stronger legacy. Carly/Jason/Sonny/Sam/ and whoever weaves in and out of their lives, have been the focus for the last decade. Yes, the former 3 are "veterans" in the sense of the word, but all roads of what wrecked GH lead back to them. It is just sad....it's not all OLTL's fault, but they certainly AREN'T helping.

• Members

I think the problem with GH though is that they burned all of their bridges. Most of the vets of former glory's past don't even fit into the canvas currently and half of the characters on contract are complete blights to the show. Yeah I wish things were different for GH but there really is no one to return at this point who could change the soap back to what it once was. We saw them try and fail with Brenda, the killed off most of their shining heroines, The Q's are there in name only, Skye's return was a bust, Laura is out of sight out of mind, Jax, Lucky, Robin and Nikolas are gone too. There simply put is just no one left. We see how pathetic it is now with Felicia, Tracy, Luke, Anna and Heather in the background being bit players to the larger mob stories. I mean what is there to even create at this point. OLTL and AMC at least had things to pull from. I don't think GH even has that since the past decade has basically been about gutting the show completely of whatever heart and soul it once had. GH is bare bones now.

• Members

I agree that Gh needs to rebuild but its hard to do that when in the past ten years Guza killed alot of legacy characters. So unless FV & RC bring them all back alive, its difficult. Plus its not easy to clean up 10 years of muck in 4 months. Its gonna take more time than that. Remember this is not the monty golden years where she was allowed to throw out shows, rewrite, recast & re tape. ABC threw money at them then. Now ABC is taking Money away. It all plays a factor.

Skin you & I had some of the same thoughts.

• Members

I still cannot understand the logic or rationale behind this "transplant" in the first place. Why did Frank and Ron have to bring over characters from OLTL? And why these characters in particular? For that matter, why did anyone at the network or show level assume such a move would be met with universal praise given the fact that the precedent for this sort of thing is shaky at best? I recall to this day when PGP decided to bring several characters from ANOTHER WORLD over to AS THE WORLD TURNS after the former show's cancellation; and I recall, too, how the reactions from AW and ATWT fans alike ranged from lukewarm to downright disdain. What makes ABCD, Frank, Ron or anyone else believe things won't turn out the same for them (if they haven't already)?

• Members

Kahn

OLTL had huge ratings gains in its last 7 months. Plus GH needed a 20 something female (Starr) & Roger Howarth is very popular. So they moved them over for one ratings but two, that they are not connected in anyway to Gh, so it opens many story options.

• Members

To be perfect and frank, GH is [!@#$%^&*] (not THE [!@#$%^&*], just [!@#$%^&*]) with and without the OLTL characters; and honestly, part of me is almost willing to let Frank and Ron bring everyone from OLTL over to GH. It just makes it that much easier to walk away from GH.

• Members

Then why not hire Kristen Alderson and Roger Howarth to portray new characters on the show (and even better, characters who are connected in some ways to pre-existing GH characters)? It's not like GH hasn't done that before: Denise Alexander, Anna Stuart, Gerald Gordon, shall I go on?

But did he have to come as Jake McKinnon? Was that in his contract, too?

• Members

Because they wanted the OLTL fans who dont watch to follow.

yes!!!. He thought NBC wasnt commited to AW so when he resigned he had it put in that if AW was canned he would go to ATWT as Jake

Archived