GH: Alternative

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I always thought when people said mob they didn't mean the mob itself but the characters tied to the mob. It's not really a whole lot different than Greenlee, Ryan, Kendall, and Zach sucking up the airtime on AMC or EJ, Sami, Nicole and Rafe doing the same on Days. People claimed to love the Spencers but I saw a lot of bitching about Spencer Hospital when Lukr, Lucky, and Lulu were sucking up airtime with that horrible Jake debacle and followup stories last year. Overexposure tires even the best of show lovers out. Something folks in this genre don't seem to get. They wear out characters by overexposing them and cant understand why folks get so turned off by those same characters. Giving Sonny a new nemesis is great but it's still the same tired repeated story and not even Todd Manning or John McBain in all their glory can make it better.

• Members

Yep I noticed that the other day. I mean Kristina's always had a way of making Sonny the root for person in their scenes but the writing really made him sound like the most rational person in the room. And it's not just those scenes it's most of his scenes lately that make him seem better than his scene partners.

• Members

I think most of us would agree how the mob continues to stink up this show in unimaginable ways, and that GH needs to get back to the business of telling solid stories about people we identify with on the purest, most emotional levels.

• Members

This is beating a dead horse. There some here and other boards that no matter what were oposed to the OLTLers coming over including writer & EP even before they filmed anything & it aired. I mean look at some members avatars and signatures and that tells a story. So sorry if your not even going to give an honest to godnesss try at this before hating on it, I cant take you seriously.

Look at Y&R under Bill Bell, he never wrote what fans wanted or to fanbases he wrote story he wanted as EP & HW and that show was so successful under his regime. I believe that is what a HW and EP need to do, tell their vision. Yes they know what fans like but its not their job to write only want fans want because your not gonna make all the people happy, all the time.

I think if some were just more open to change, they would enjoy GH more. Look Guza & crew really did a number on this show for 9 years. He was given a producing credit & too much wiggle room. Yes his scriptwriters wrote some great words but the actions in stories on camera, really dismantled this show & since Frons was present during Wolf's turn as HW, not much changed. Now Frons is gone, runor has it Dummer is giving FV & RC more room to do their vision but 10 years of abuse done to GH is gonna take more than 4 months to clean up.

• Members

OLTL has always been a show and I watched since 1990 live that was more about Viki Lord & the town of llanview. What was different there was you had characters that would interact that you would never think of. A lot of the stories were umbrella and affected the whole town.

For GH like i said the last ten years dismantled families & histories and rebooted it as a Sopranos rip off. So when FV & RC came on, its kinda hard to do umbrella stories right off the bad when Guza/Wolf left the show in such bad shape, there is no real connections between characters anymore. Yes there are families around but when was the last time Carly & Bobbie had a scene together. The sense of Family at GH has been DOA for years and its sad because Family & love is really the undercurrent of daytime dramas. When you remove that, you remove a vital part of wjat these shows are about.

• Members

I think they are doing the same umbrella stuff with GH, but the problem with a bad umbrella is it collapses on itself. Don't bother to tie everything together just for the sake of doing it. That's how you get crap like Eli, and Clint as a monster, and so on. I can't just say, "Oh, I love Heather and Todd, what character interaction this is," when the story is derivative and pointless.

• Members

Some people need to realize nobody was campaigning to get these characters on this show. Trust me Starr is the last character most people would've picked to go to GH, so saying stuff like "why do OLTL fans think they are owed this" is not true. Nobody asked for this, but it happened. And if they all left GH I would keep it moving. I'm tired of people acting like One Life are all annoying and psycho. I got over the fact OLTL was ending in July 2011, so don't make it seem like we are all losers home alone praying Valentini brings over 10 more OLTL people. I really don't care. My show is dead, this was just a treat. And I have barely enjoyed that.

• Members

GH is too mob focused and all the OLTL people were brought on to add story for the main mobsters. The problem has been exacerbated. Each OLTL except Tea was given a mobbie to work with, and Tea is sort of the utility player who floated around a little but now has her story which again is surgically attached to mobbies.

• Members

Open to change? I've been open for change for the last decade. I was thrilled when Phelps and Guza got the boot and RC said he was a fan of GH. What a joke. The only change I see is that after the mobbies, livers are taking up all the airtime. So as a long time GH viewer, I'm supposed to be excited about seeing OLTLers?!? No way. Long time GH fans and characters should be more important than OLTL fans and characters when it comes to General Hospital. But it's clear, that once again, longtime GH viewers do not matter. Enjoy One Hospital To LIve. I'm out.

• Members

There are no more OLTL characters everyone on GH is a GH character. Its not like the Llanview transplants are just in stories with each other. They have had story With Michael, Sonny, Johnny, Anna, Luke, Dante, Jason, Sam, Alexis, Carly, Tracy, Alice, Mac, Milo & Max all of which are long term GH characters. Sorry but I think people just complain to complain

Archived