B&B - May 2012 Discussion Thread

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I have been so entertained by Amber's antics that I didn't realize how horrible of a mother she's been to Rosie! When is the last time we saw her w/her daughter?! All she has done the past month or so is scheme and try to get Rick back. Her priorities are completely wacked!

Love having Crystal Chappel back on my screen!

• Members

That didn't seem like a dream to me. It's classic dollar Bill. I get that he's afraid Katie will die, but he could have put his concerns more gently and consulted her.

On another note, does anyone know if it's actually possibly for a heart transplant recipient to give birth? I'm sure it would have to be a c section, but just carrying to term seems unlikely.

• Members

There've been several studies done on this subject over the last 25 years or so. They found that it's possible but pregnancies in women who have received any kind of donor organ are considered extremely high-risk. They're at much higher risk of viral infections, due to the immuno-suppressive drugs that they must take. Vaginal delivery is preferable in these cases since surgery introduces the possibility of infection into the patient's compromised immune system and could trigger organ rejection.

Women who've had heart transplants have a much higher risk of suffering from pre-eclampsia and other hypertension disorders during pregnancy.

Organ recipients have a 40% pregnancy complication rate as opposed to 15% amongst all women. Among heart transplant recipients, the survival rate of both mother and child is 75%, although the babies are frequently premature and low-birth weight. The occurrence of birth defects is the same as in the general population.

Only 6% of heart transplant patients who find themselves pregnant have abortions.

• Members

Yeah. I'm guessing she will too, which I'd like because I've wanted Katie/Bill to have a child for a while now. I started out the episode hating Bill. Demanding your wife get an abortion they way he did really turned me off, but by the end I can see where he's coming from. I disagree with him, but I can understand why he doesn't want her to have the child.

I've figured Bill/Steffy has been done for a while. They need to bring in some more young males for love interests for both Steffy & Amber.

• Members

I figured it too as they seem to be dead set on Liam and Steffy but I guess I kinda held out Hope. The last we saw was Bill fantasizing about Steffy around the holidays and then he kissd her when she was passed out in the Mexican hospital. I really wish the show had kept this triangle going with Bill just about to move forwrd and make a life with Steffy only to find out Katie is pregnant. It would add an extra layer of conflict to the story bc as it stands, it seems like its just going to be boring focusing on her health issues which the show has done before

• Members

Bill really is the Victor Newman of B&B. Bugging Hope's shrink's office? Really? Bill is more unstable than Hope is, Hope hasn't tried to kill anyone like Bill almost tried to do last year with Amber. I like Bill far more when he's trying to take over Forrester Creations. We need a business story, we haven't had one in a while it seems. I also wish Steffy & Hope with both come to realize, while I know it's LA, Liam's not the only straight guy in town.

While the set up for Deacon's return seems a bit iffy, I am excited for his return & hope that he double crosses Bill.

Archived