B&B - May 2012 Discussion Thread

• Members

I never thought of Brooke as a slut in the 90's. I thought she loved Ridge and would try to find a good man but always ended up going back to him. I know she cheated on Eric with Ridge, but not until the "Brooke's Bedroom" stuff did they start marketing her as some type of whore. Even then, the worst she did was get together with Thorne when he no longer wanted Macy. I think it was the Deacon/Brooke story which started the regurgitation of stories about who she was going to bed down with.

I think the main problem is her stories are played out. No one cares about more Ridge drama, and she's had the same stories with Rick and Hope for a long time now. I would introduce a new, younger female rival for her lingerie line, maybe someone who could turn out to be a lovechild of Storm's, out for revenge, or something.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Brooke's reputation throughout the 90s was that of a slut. "Slut from the Valley" She was called that enough and kept getting involved with men who were already taken. She played a role in the breakup of quite a few marriages due to her selfishness and lack of sexual restraint. She earned her slut title.. I hated her but her stories were interesting. I cant deny that

• Members

She mostly went back and forth with Ridge in the 90's, so the only marriage she broke up was her own, with Eric. Other than that she made some plays for Ridge, but mostly went with nice guys (James, Connor) until Ridge chased after her again. They'd have stupid stories like Ridge dumping her because she kissed Grant goodbye, but I don't think it was slutty. I felt a very strong change in the writing for Brooke around 2001, and she's never been the same for me. But we can agree to disagree.

• Members

I'm finding myself so drawn to the show, as usual. I like that they went further with Hope's drug story than I expected. Yes she's not still on drugs, but I expected it to be a short term social issue, ending with Amber being blamed and Hope going back to being Little Miss Perfect with Liam. I like that they've actually taken the time to explore her issues and finally have mentioned Deacon. It's a shame Y&R ruined Deacon so much thus making it easier for B&B to bash him now. I know he was never a great guy, but he wasn't the scary creep that Brooke was making him out to be. He was such a sexy passionate man and the ONLY man who made Jackie bearable IMO. I'd love to see him come back, sweep Brooke off her feet and shake things up.

Crystal Chappell has been a bit odd, but she totally won me over in the scene with Bill. I finally saw some spark in her. My biggest complaint is her look. Her outfits are TERRIBLE. I feel like they're trying too hard to make her look like a lesbian and she's losing her sex appeal. You can tell it's going to be hard to keep Brad Bell from making her bi because her chemistry was smoking with Bill. Also am IN LOVE with Karen. I need regular appearances from her. She's totally come alive since this story began! Caroline remains the weak link. They need to turn Caroline into a bad girl or something give her some spark or surprise us. We don't need two Hope's and that's becoming obvious.

My biggest complaint is that Bill has gotten so tiresome. He's one character who will NEVER work in this obsessed with his sons love life thing. Bill/Katie needs to be the focus and they need a business story, heath scare (good job on the pregnancy!) and an interloper. That's what works for them. Right now they're in a good rotation for a business story to go along with the health scare and call it a day.

• Members

This stuff is getting on my nerves...Now Steffy is using a timer that has bells ringing to one of the show's overuse cues???

I shuddered during the Ridge/Taylor/Stephanie/Steffy scenes. I'm tired of all of this hypocrisy and Stephanie acting like a 21 year old...

• Members

I imagine the whole point of this story is to hook up Danielle/Bill. B&B is very retrograde and if they do a gay story it would have to involve a lesbian who turns straight for a "stud" like creepy Dollar Dye Job.

Archived