B&B - May 2012 Discussion Thread

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I hate Skank Mama! She is pissed off that Steffy wont sign the divorce papers and demands that she does. Steffy signs them and she is still pissed off. Bitch STFU and make up your mind!

LOL...He's an officer of Bill

• Members

Why is Steffy still Liam's screen saver? Is it simply to give us two pictures of the women he is torn between? Because I find it so circumspect that he would still have another woman as his screen saver while he is trying to marry Hope.

• Members

I loved the Hope and Steffy scenes. While I know there's a rivalry, I like that they've found and developed respect for each other and found some common threads between them other than Liam. I know ITA not showy or campy or high emotional stuff, but it comes across real and genuine. These 2 actresses have more chemistry together than either has with Scott Clifton.

Eh Stephanie is just as bad sticking her nose into Liam's business. She's no better than the Logans and their being busy bodies.

It was good seeing Deacon. I still dislike Bill the creep but I'm interested in seeing what they do with Deacon, hoping he and Bill end up as rivals.

• Members

Deacon is a reminder of the biggest mistake she's ever made. I think having an affair with him was by far the WORST thing she ever did in her 25 year history on this show. It the sluttiest, dirtiest, messiest thing she got herself into. She doesnt regret having Hope, but she's tried to put that behind her as much as possible. I can see why she'd wouldnt want him back in her life

• Members

I forgot that Deacon was Bridget's (husband/boyfriend? I can't remember). Mistake aside, does she really think that he'd be a danger to his own daughter? From what I gathered from today's conversation, he has barely (if ever) been around Hope for her to determine that he'd be the end of her.

(Or maybe, I'm just projecting my own bias against keeping fathers away from their children because of whatever issues mothers have with them.)

• Members
The last time Deacon was in Hope's life was back when she was about 2 and he tried to get custody of her. He hasnt had much to do with her after that. Is he a danger? Brooke wouldnt know as she hasnt seen him in years. I didnt gather that she thought he'd be a danger to Hope, but that he'd bring alot of baggage, old drama and overall would be a major dissapointment to her, something Brooke doesnt feel Hope needs right now as she's planning her wedding. Deacon is a loser with an unstable life. He was about getting in trouble then and causing harm to get what he wants and thats what Brooke is going off of. She probably figures he'd use and exploit Hope, maybe for money (or in this case his freedom, which she doesnt know about yet)

• Members

The whole "I ripped up annulment papers...never mind" sequence was just too ridiculous for me and I had to take a break, but I decided to watch the last few episodes.

The triangle is too silly to care about now but I do echo what others have said that I like some of the Hope/Steffy scenes. I can see why people would prefer Steffy with more edge but it's nice to see that in the midst of all the love wrangling, both the characters have a little self-respect. Not common on soaps today.

I don't really understand why Justin was needed to go on a trip with Bill. It's not like the actor was on contract and had time they had to use up. I would rather they just have Bill talk to himself, a la JER soaps.

My head spun with the addition of dialogue like, "I don't want to destroy the girl," when that is basically what he's been trying to do for months. And then the, "I could wring [Deacon]'s neck myself," when he was on his way to get the guy out of prison. It smells like damage control writing.He brings up all my Stephanie issues (she always has had this whole "She destroys lives...but she's not that bad!" writing), minus Susan Flannery's acting talent.

The longer this goes on the more that I feel like some of these characters, especially Brooke, are behaving too passively. Endless variations of the same conversations and "oh yeah? says you!" type of back and forth.

Don Diamont's overacting in that jail scene was so annoying I was hoping Deacon would punch him. The closeups of Deacon's bloodshot eyes made me laugh.

Archived