B&B - May 2012 Discussion Thread

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The "Thanks for the memories" sequence between Liam and Steffy on Friday made me laugh AND cry! Just beautiful...I was crying when Steffy said "Thank you so much" to Liam sad.pngwub.png

And that last scene with Liam ripping up the annulment papers was perfectly acted and edited (minus the random shot of the papers flowing away in the river). I was shocked!

• Members

I didn't know if she'd consider the early part of their relationship since she was scheming at that time.

I actually loved the part with the papers flowing in the water. I did laugh a little at the scene of him flinging the papers, as he looked like a toddler throwing away food. I thought there would be more of a big romantic moment at the end but I guess they aren't doing that since he's still not sure. That part was good though, and I was surprised.

• Members

I guess this is common knowledge but I hadn't heard about it. This from a May 89 Digest.

You may remember the item we ran on Brad Sanders, the writer/comedian who, as Cla'ence, did those funny ALL MY CHILDREN story summaries via his syndicated radio show. Well, ABC sued and Cla'ence lost the right to use the show as the basis of his act. However, the folks over at THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS were delighted at the chance to work with Cla'ence and Cla'ence admitted he was pleased to be invited: "I heard about so much that was goin' on at Genoa City, I just thought, 'Well, let me see for myself.'"

• Members

That whole sequence was really sort of old fashioned and lovely in a way and I have to admit SC and JMW were really lovely there.

B&B is such an odd show to me. I've never really been a consistent watcher but this show can still do what the other 3 no longer can, which is even with the camp and offensiveness at times, be warm and genuine. I actually think they might have the best most diverse cast in terms of characters. Its such a shame they only use a select few consistently.

• Members

I think B&B was very smart to stop the awful attempts at camp and shock value which may get you a "wow this show sucks" on The Soup or Chelsea, but doesn't bring in ratings. Dropping the PSA stories and giving some of the used up characters reduced roles were also good ideas. Now I just hope that they will bring in some other stories and also question whether this has to be a triangle at all. i think that Liam should just be with one of them (at the moment I'd say Steffy) and plenty of stories can come from that.

• Members

I don't understand a writing choice to have a big high drama, romantic moment at the end of Friday's show and then pick up Monday with a lot of very slow recap conversations. Why not at least show the moment when Liam sees that Hope has left their home? And what was Steffy's immediate reaction to Liam tearing up the papers? Is Steffy going to just wait some more, especially when tearing up papers is sort of a reason to say "[!@#$%^&*] or get off the pot"?

• Members

OMG...I can't believe they put Jacob Young in heels and had him walk down the catwalk like that! laugh.png I love this show! That was beyond hilarious. Carolines reaction laugh.pnglaugh.png Cheap I know you had to of made some .gifs of some of that ;-P

Nafessa Williams was ok I guess LOL

• Members

There are only 2 other men, that I can think of, in my 30 year soap history like Liam:

Ethan Crane from Trassions and Ridge Forrester.

Bouncing between 2 women for years without a smidgen of accountability while their mothers cheered them on. The moment they are disappointed, the pig goes to the woman waiting in the wings with open arms. The arrogance of these men knows no bounds! So vile!

ANDREA

• Members

I cant beleive they are making a story out of his alleged cross dressing. This show.....

I thought the Folder F--k chick was awful...lol. What a dumb twit acting all offended about Rick calling her out on her awful walking when she is a MODEL who is being paid to do a job which includes walking! Tyra would NOT approve

tumblr_m3oe95DYW91qjbzqe.gif

• Members

yeah its the same chick.

I just love how Liam was all about demanding honesty from Hope but then doesnt tell her the truth about the fact that they could be getting married bc Steffy signed the annullment papers but he ripped them up and kissed her

• Members

Drag queen: Who injected your ass? That's not safe! I hope you didn't go to Leroy who lives in his truck.

Dayzee: Did you get ass injections off the Internet? The side effects are too dangerous. Some of my friends...

Rick: This ass is all mine, bitch!

Archived