B&B - May 2012 Discussion Thread

• Members

The entire location shoot andmthia stuff in Aspen IMO has been a big letdown. I was looking forward to some decent drama and it's all fallen flat to me. I think while the pill popping and the stuff with Amber worked, back to the triangle silliness just doesn't fit. Im hoping the stuff with Crysal Chappell plays out better otherwise it's going to be a disappointing sweeps.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think some of it is down to the pacing. Hope is harassed by the press, Hope pops a pill, Hope acts crazy, Hope makes Steffi fall down, intercut with Brooke/Rick/Bill having the same scenes about Hope's mental state.

I think they should have had it where a non-pill-popping Hope got in her car to get away from the press, and accidentally hits Steffi. Steffi is in the hospital. Bill has some regrets over his actions, but doesn't let anyone know. Liam stays at her bedside. Hope secretly begins taking pills again to cope with the guilt and Liam drifting away.

• Members

Hope/Liam/Steffy is becoming more of a real triangle than I ever expected. I think Liam actually fell in love with Steffy during their marriage. The only problem I have with this is that Liam is going to bounce between Hope/Steffy depending on who has disappointed him most recently. That's going to get irritating, just like it did with Ridge. As if these guys are some great prize, and the women need to compete and humiliate themselves over these idiots.

• Members

I don't see it as a real triangle because I don't get any sense that Liam actually loves Hope. It mostly seems like obligation.

The show also seems to have gone to great lengths lately to not degrade Steffy, which, don't get me wrong, is certainly nice, but I think Hope deserves the same treatment.

• Members

I think Hope had her day during the whole Liam Steffy marriage.Was anyone really rooting for Liam and Steffy as a couple then when Liam just came across as a horny toad.

My problem is not with Hope or Steffy it's with Liam who is fickle and uninteresting. I do think SC and JMW have chemistry, but I can't say I'm rooting for either couple.

• Members

+1. I really don't understand why Liam is worth all this trouble. Hope is a hypocrite, and Steffy is an evil, manipulative bitch, but Liam is hardly a saint either, given that he was dumb enough to fall for Steffy and that he put so much pressure on Hope to have sex with him.

I am shocked that Steffy signed those papers. Honestly, I just want this triangle to be over with, though at least I am pleased that some storyline progress is being made.

Bill is ten times worse then Steffy, however. I really hope he rots in hell for what he has done.

• Members

I loved the Brooke/Taylor discussion that they don't want their daughters to be like them fighting over a man. Nice touch. Bonus seeing "Hunky Holden" on the screen again. I hope they have a reason for him to come to LA and be everyone's personal physician. :)

• Members

As long as they don't tell her that signing annulment papers means she's damaged for life, then she's probably going to have it easy.

I don't think it's about Liam, it's about what they see him as being. Steffi was on the rebound and saw Liam as some type of hero, and Hope's view on Liam is all tied up in her self-loathing and she was also on the rebound, I think.

I don't have a problem buying that they would want him, mostly because he doesn't give the raging !@#$%^&*] vibe which Ridge often did in the same situation, but I agree that it's not a triangle with legs. I think ultimately Steffy/Liam would get together and then she would probably move on.

Archived