B&B - May 2012 Discussion Thread

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I get the feeling they want to tell a story about the consequences of her being on pills, but they don't know if they want to do an addiction storyline. I guess if they decide to commit to it, she will probably become a total wreck and Liam will feel that he has to stay with her, even though he wants to be with Steffy.

I think his reactions would make a little more sense if she was deep into addiction, but I'm not sure where they are going with her.

Oh that's who she was? I didn't know. I have seen her in a few royalty magazines, as she and her family seem to be kind of hangers-on of the countries that still have monarchies. She's not too bad, although my standards for B&B acting are low.

• Members

I like the Princess.

I think the pills story has done wonders for Hope by knocking her down a few pegs and making her more relatable. She's a much more well rounded character now that they are writing her less than perfect and with actual flaws. I actually feel sorry for her now whereas before she just bugged the hel out of me

• Members

I don't think the pill popping story is particularly great but it made sense to an extent and it's made Hope suffer for going against her own values without having to do it by making someone a villain. And they've given Steffy some humanity finally without having the Foresters run around about the evils of Hope and the Logans. I still think Liam is a weak tool but I agree he's not mean or selfish in an overt way like Ridge could be. But I think they are doing the right thing by focusing on Steffy and Hope over Liam. I just think the location shoot in all this was kind of wasted and really not necessary. To me it really hasn't enhanced any of this. I still think Bill is the weak link here and that it's more than him just wanting his son to have the so called stronger woman.

• Members

I think Bill needs stronger motivation and needs someone who will be a balance to him. I also think they need to bring up the Steffy/Bill relationship.

I think they should have skipped using those old flashbacks over and over and over during a new remote. They didn't need to be on 2-3 days a week, or more. They should have just filmed a few new flashbacks while they were back in Aspen. Just put a hat on Steffy or something, and it would pass as an old shot.

• Members

Now that was a great ending today! Nice twist on the story. Liam keeps the triangle alive! Hope is still a child, but the pill story and grappling with the way she was raised and how she gave up her values. Steffy belongs with someone like Dr. Holden. Now THAT would be a hot pairing (or at least give him to Taylor). Side note: HBS - this is the type of warm, but straight-talking, acting that I was used to when she was on ATWT. I absolutely hated self-righteous Nora. Too bad she can't be paired with anyone, but with all the sex issues on B&B, they should keep her around.

• Members

One of my favorite TV moments ever was on China Beach when McMurphy and Dr. Richards on China Beach were listening to Thanks for the Memories, and caught up in the moment, almost kissed. I loved that so very, very, very much.

And now, all these years later, we get some "emotional" moment with Steffy and Liam "singing" Thanks for the Memories to each other?

I am going to take that as a compensation for having to watch Dollar Dye Job berate one of his employees.

• Members

I thought he would stay with Hope for a while out of loyalty, and then be drawn back to Steffy. I really wonder if Steffy has considered that he will probably be as fickle with her as he is with Hope.

SC and JMW do have good chemistry, so if I thought this was going to be the end of the triangle, I wouldn't be too sorry, but it's probably going to be a lot of Hope having breakdowns and Liam waffling.

• Members

This triangle is already hurting all three characters, especially Liam. I like the girls despite The Triangle, not because of it.

What I'm really saying is, Brad needs to start focusing on other stories here. I am over these three as the only game in town.

And IA with edgeofnik regarding HBS as Hope's psychiatrist. Totally early Margo. And I really like the character, too. God knows Taylor is completely discredited as the town therapist.

• Members

I guess that's the point of bringing in Carole (to tell a new story). I'm more interested in Dayzee, and Amber, but we all know Dayzee's never going to get a story.

What I don't understand is (spoiler for upcoming stuff)

• Members

I just hope that is just a rumor. After seeing Friday's episode it is officially obvious that Liam wants to get back with Steffy, and he's going to leave Hope. I hate the thought of Bill using slimy Deacon to cause problems for Hope. I would prefer to see a story where now that Liam has moved on with Steffy that Hope makes an effort to get to know her father, and somehow humanizes him in the process. Maybe somewhere down the road they can introduce a new man for Hope or just put Oliver back on contract.

As for Liam/Steffy I think they should really have their story get to the point where they have Steffy cheat on Liam with Bill,and maybe at the same time Liam can cheat on Steffy with Katie. That would be kind of interesting.

Archived