GH: Discussion for the Month of March

• Members

Exactly. And it would have been interesting to see it mentioned in regards to how old the girls were when they died--Leora was a baby, young enough where Anna's emotions would have been totally raw even though she didn't live for very long. Robin was (well is, now) an adult--someone who Anna saw as a baby (albeit only every so often as Filomena was raising her then), a child, a young preteen (before the boat explosion) AND an adult--that could equal even greater raw grief or or a total shutdown on her part before a great outpouring of grief (but this opens up the somewhat exhausted is Anna grieving enough debate which can only be debated so many times).

Somewhere in there, I hope I made some sort of sense.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

These deaths killed the show IMO. It was just never the same once they were gone. It was just wrong, like killing Bambi for sport and I wasn't even insanely attached to them so to speak but it was just incredibly discouraging to watch two ingenues die so grotesquely, coldly and finally for no real purpose. It didn't help that they were beloved characters from flagship families and who we saw struggle for so long. I would give almost anything for these two to comeback. Both absences are glaring and they show via the attempts at trying to fix it via Lulu and Elizabeth and neither has worked.

• Members

IMHO, Georgie's death broke GH! I didn't even like the character, but her death was cruel and unnecessary! She could have gone off to school. When people say mob loving dummy boring bitch Robin is/was the heart of GH, I want to cyber spit in their faces!

ANDREA

• Members

Someone in power at ABC/GH decreed that a number of younger GH actresses were not attractive enough to be kept on contract. Lindze Letherman was one of his victims, as was Robyn Richards who played her sister Maxie. It didn't help that JFP believed that "good girls are boring," which made all of them expendable.

GH was left with very little balance.

• Members

She also decided women over a certain age weren't attractive enough. And was the the one who made the infamous quote "no one wants to see their grandmother in a sex scene"? That's probably true - but these actresses are not OUR grandmothers.

You've really gotta wonder when a woman in power hates other women so much.

• Members

Unfortunately that type of attidue IS the industry - a prominent studio executive in the late 60's had an interview where he trashed Burt Lancaster and Deborah Kerr, saying something like "no one wants to see a couple of grandparents pawing each other." Deborah Kerr, one of the most beautiful women in film, did not get any major work for some years after that, and was humiliated.

• Members

As for today's scenes with Anna, I have never, once, felt like the woman on my screen is Anna, and the show blithely ignoring that she buried a child already is just the latest example. She is there to prop various established characters - she herself is utterly worthless.

• Members

She seemed to favor certain selected women for whatever reason; the only common denominator that I've ever been able to see is that all of them are forceful and demanding.

Another one who bit the dust over not being good-looking enough was Amber Tamblyn. That's just all kinds of wrong. Even more than Lindze Letherman and Robyn Richards, Tamblyn brought so much to GH.

I remember when JFP decided Zeman and Shriner were too old for a love scene. That was a jaw-dropper. She was also apparently quite prudish and cut far more out of love scenes than any censor would have required.

Archived