GH: Discussion for the Month of March

• Members

I think it was mutual. I was told by someone who knows her that GH had become an unpleasant experience for her. One of the problems is that she has a rather pear-shaped body and she was nagged about getting her weight down. Apparently she was tough enough not to starve herself for a job at GH.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I loved her too. She was a bright light on GH and she has never been replaced. She has gone on to have the career she has wanted, without GH. More power to her.

I was watching YT of Lucky and her when they were kids recently. They were both so good.

• Members

That is unfortunate the hear; Tamblyn really brought the Emily role to life. I think she was lucky too that her peers (Tyler Christopher, Jonathan Jackson, and Rebecca Herbst) were equally talented and capable; the young scene at GH was really watchable, and played well with the very established cast (remember when GH had their veterans on contract?) at that time.

On to this Robin story, why would they revive her so quickly only to so inevitably have to write her out again? Kimmy has left the building and is not turning back? I am still pissed that we did not have a beatiful AIDs death scene that could have pulled families back together, caused rivals to bury their hatchets, and maybe have 1 or 2 more secrets come out of the dark recesses of her Scorpio mind. Now any deneuomont to the tale of the precocious Scorpio's tale will be a tainted by this false start.

• Members

I think she's OK. I hated Emily once she became Jason's screeching sycophant, although I thought she and Zander had good chemistry.

I think most of her primetime shows were bad fits (like the one where she played a cop), but she was on Portlandia early this year and had a fun part.

• Members

Zander is another death that tore me apart. CB was truly a great performer. Everything a young male lead needed to be. Sad he was dismissed so quickly. They also completely tore Zander/Emily apart as well. I liked both Emily's AT and NL.

• Members

Speaking of NL, I was surprised to discover that she wasn't nearly as bad as many made her out to be. Was she as talented as AT, hell no, but she wasn't nearly the vortex of suck that so many described her as. Her biggest crime, IMO, was being bland enough to not make Emily Quartermaine stand out as a character in her own right.

Am I clamoring to bring her back to GH? No, but I'm not exactly doing the Watusi over her absence, either.

• Members

I didnt mind her as an actress but the character of Emily was awful. She was too damn self righteous and being a Jason cheerleader, while condemning AJ and others for their "bad behavior" did her no favors. Another big strike against her was the NEM romance and how GH kept killing off characters to prop them up. She got alot of hate and resentment over that

• Members

I mostly remember her doing a lot of gasping and seeming fake. I think she had some charisma and talent but just was not suited to that role, that pairing, or that material.

I think she was probably better suited to Taylor on DAYS, it's just that whole thing was so rushed and tacky. I noticed people seemed to miss her a lot when Braun came in.

• Members

Admittedly, I haven't seen much of NL's Emily, but it is still disheartening to hear that they used her as a Jasus asskisser. I know they killed off Zander (why, I'll never understand since he was more interesting than Nikolas could ever hope to be), but I don't know who else was a victim of the wrath of Nikolas/Emily (who I found boring).

• Members

Emily and Lila both became St. Jasus props, turning against the other Qs because they refused to join in. I really disliked NL's Emily, partly because I thought she was both a nonentity and a sucky actor, all flying eyebrows and nothing real behind it. She's pretty much what they get when they hire for looks.

I'm pretty sure something bad happened between Chad Brannon (Zander Smith) and TPTB at GH. He was fired very suddenly and when they were asked sometime later about rehiring him, their response was very curt. The only time I've ever known them to be so abrupt was when they said they were absolutely not interested in bringing back Alicia Leigh Willis (Skipper the Stripper) and we all know there was bad blood there.

Archived