GH: Discussion for the Month of March

• Members

Mileage certainly varies, but I don't remember AT's Emily as a Q disrespecter or a Jasus asskisser at all. I remember her friendship with Lucky (and eventually Liz and Nikolas), her relationship with Juan, her drug addiction, and her eventual romance with Zander. (I missed that guy so much that I was happy to see him on that plane with Rebecca a few years ago.)

That said, if Chad Brannon was being thrown under the bus to prop lesser characters, then I can completely understand why they'd be bad blood there. As for Courtney, the only thing I remember of her was that she was the ditz that was dismissive of Brenda and that didn't endear her to me at all. I've heard that she was reviled by almost every viewer, yet was kept on for quite a while because the actress was a pet of TPTBs so to hear that there was bad blood between her and them is surprising.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Of she definetly was. Emily was awful to AJ. Here's she in her sanctimonious Jason defending mode. Oh gawd, watching this reminds me just how much I HATED the twit. AT's Emily was pitiful when she got on her Jason = Love pedestal and AJ = Scum. She almost comes across worse than NL's Emily ever did in this clip

• Members

What always bothered me was how easily the show forgot that the Quartermaines adopted her to try to show her their love. In no time at all, this was turned into a horrible and disgusting pack of jackals that she was too good for. She ended up spending most of her life spitting bile at them.

• Members

Oh, absolutely. ALWhy was a Frons favorite. He thought she was the next big thing. That was true until they were in contract negotiations and she got her mother involved. The story was that things turned real ugly real fast. Upshot was that ALWhy was gone and they don't want her back.

• Members

I agree and it took me watching her on Days to remember how much she really worked in the role in terms of being one of GH's better ingenues/heroines of the past decade. She has a very sweet disposition and demeanor and I think that brightness and warmth is needed in some capacity on this show. She is sorely needed because everyone on this show is just so damn unlikable for the most part. It would help a ton if there was at least one good girl character that was actually you know good and warm/kind hearted. I think for the most part she was just an incredibly sweet person who just worked as being kind, innocent, patient and honest - while that may appear saccharine you need to have some kind of variety at some point on this show because it's so dark and drab. I think killing off Emily was just sad because she was more or less a very good person who didn't deserve to die the way she did. She was a survivor of so many things from rape, breast cancer, addiction and more. I don't specifically care too much about Nem (although the last time TC showed up for work was when he was opposite her, IMO) as I always loved her with Zander and CB's incarnation of the character's devotion to her was just staggering for me as a viewer to the point where I couldn't see her with anyone else. But the character of Emily was too important to just kill off without thought.

I agree. I personally don't think she was bad as Emily though and I think it's odd that you mentioned you liked her as Taylor but disliked her as Emily when she was virtually playing the same character, I would say the only difference is that Taylor had more of a backbone so to speak at times but Emily could be like that too.

• Members

I liked Rebecca, she was feisty. It was everytime she went into Nik's orbit the character went down. She and TC had some anti chemistry. And please he didn't not come to life opposite her, he was coasting long before Emily was killed off.

I did see that movie she did with Ronnie Marmo(it's on Netflix) and she was good in that. It was cute little film.

• Members

But Emily was killed off because NL wanted to leave( she basically admitted in I forget what soap rag that they didn't have anything planned for Emily) so like KMC recently she was working without contract for awhile, then she signed a short contract cuz they wanted her available to play that stupid ghost/tumor storyline.

Archived