GH: Discussion for the Month of March

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I liked the Cooper Barrett character, far more than Logan. I'll never figure out why GH insists on killing off all of its attractive younger actors, even if the old divos have problems with them being around.

Josh Duhon really needed to be fired, but no reason Logan and Cooper Barrett had to die.

• Members

I likd Cooper as well and think he should have stayed on. The rumor was that he was Brenda's brother and I think they tried to get her back, but that didnt work out and the plans they had for his character were dropped with him being fired

• Members

I forgot about him but there was also that cop, Jesse that Maxie dated. And of course Diego. GH had a screwed up record of bringing in all these young males and then killing them off. Im surprised Dillon made it out of town alive considering he was A) a young male and B ) a Quartermaine

• Members

First of all, consider the regime. You know that's Guza/JFP's trademark. Punish the actor via character. Secondly, I don't think they had any real desire to use Logan as Scott's son and only did so because Duhon looked like Shriner's Mini Me. So, even if they had recast the character, I doubt Guza would've mined story from Logan being Scott's son, considering he (and JFP) had no real interest in writing for Scott even when Logan was on the show other than as a "Let's break out this novelty act of these two looking like father and son for shits and giggles!"

Having said that, had this been a completely different regime, I think he would've been recast. Hell, I think the character would've been written much differently.

• Members

Scott was Guza's whipping boy for quite a few years. Guza was nice enough to let Ric share some of those duties.

I remember the Geary interview where he crowed that he, Benard, Burton and Guza were co-writing GH. I've always thought that was quite truthful and explained so much about no good-looking young guys. Too much competition for the divos, I'm sure.

BB probably would have been gone ages ago if he weren't in SBu's band.

• Members

makes you wonder if things will change bc over on OLTL RC/FV paraded hot guys across the screen. Any excuse to get guys shirtless, they'd do it. I rememebr all those homoerotic scenes of guys in the sauna which could have happened anywhere else but they neded to have them hot and sweaty for no reason. They cant pull that off with the current crop of men.

• Members

The men on RC/FV's OLTL were enough to turn gay men or straight women - smarmy, asexual, plastic, and sometimes badly waxed. There were a few cute guys but the only one who stayed was Mark Lawson.

I guess they can do something with Matt, or Johnny...not a whole lot to choose from. I'm sure Scott Reeves keeps in shape but he doesn't do a lot for me.

Archived