GH: Discussion for the Month of March

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Kimberly McCullough isn't working without contract - Her contract does not expire until April. That's why she vocalized that she was surprised they moved Robin's "death" up until February, because she had thought it would come in April.

• Members

I've heard the same argument made about Georgie (who I actually preferred to Emily, because she was a good girl that wasn't saccharine) - another person who was killed off because that self-hating tool JFP didn't think their was 'valuable' (read: hot enough) to keep around. Both characters surely did leave a void because, as you've said, most of the people on this show are unlikable.

While that works for some, sitting through an hour of pathetic idiots, shrill banshees, and hateful assholes simply isn't entertaining for me.

• Members

This article and KA's quote were brought to Kassie's attention

http://i43.tinypic.com/2cgy78n.jpg

She said the following

"Thanks Ms. Linda... I'm in one of those moods today too. The Soaps in-Depth article was brought to my attention and of course I'm left to clear things up… NO one asked me about a General Hospital contract. I have never been approached by General Hospital for a long-term contract. I have so many wonderful fans that are fighting for me to get a contract on that show and I know that they feel I have let them down by saying that I didn't want one ... Well that is just not true. I wish Soaps in Depth had asked me personally instead of asking Kristen to speak for me. I hope this clears things up for you!"

• Members

KDP for all of the flack she is getting for being a One Lifer gave me a brief sense of this when she was on for a day or so with her scenes concerning Starr and opposite Micheal. You really got a sense that there was a real mother there who cared about her child and what she would be going threw. I can't really remember a time when I felt a GH actor responding sympathetically to a situation with real love and undying care for another person. It's sad but quite true on this show. These characters feel a lot of the time like they have no souls. Even with a death hanging over their head it feels like a lot of it is lip serviced and obligatory going threw the motions. It's not real. The characters are in their own space and can't really connect with each other. It's that narcissism that completely takes any sense of heart out of the show for me.

Even Courtney as oblivious as she was most of the time seemed like a good enough person who would care enough about how other people felt and responded to them more often then not from what I recall. I know people didn't like her but I also think she was another heroine-like character who at times cared about other people and was effected by other peoples problems or plights.

Archived