B&B: March 2012 Discussion Thread

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Wow, I had no idea she was 94! She has famously had surgical intervention over the years which would explain her good looks in advanced age. Anyone remember those Enquirer photos of her face all burned off when she'd had a chemical peel?

• Members

I can't believe both 3/2 and 3/5 were completely devoted to one storyline... smh with this show...

Monday's episode did have a couple of nice directing moments, such as Liam exiting Steffy's office and the door shutting. Not to mention, Naked Bill.

Those fireworks, though, were overkill.

• Members

Brooke...GTFO and GO AWAY! I cant beleive she just let herself into the house the morning after Hope got her cherry popped. Id be mortified if that were my mother. She's overstepping her boundaries. Good thing Liam didnt go into the kitchen naked.

Its amazing just how better the show is when it focuses on the adults. Loved the Eric and Stephanie stuff

• Members

Eric & Stephanie stuff really wasn't that funny. But because it's the first non-Hope & Liam stuff in, like, a year, it looks like solid gold.

Now that Hope & Liam have boinked to saxophone music straight out of 1987, this SL is hopefully going to move. Hopefully Steffy will, too... to Bill.

Brooke overstepped her momma boundaries majorly. This is something Stephanie would do with Ridge, isn't it?!

• Members

OMG, thats too funny but I guess kinda true. I wasnt looking at it for its humor but rather just character driven moment. I liked the dialogue between Eric and Stephanie and felt their interaction felt really good.

IA on your other points. I hope Brooke feels a bit bad after Hope breaks down in front of her. I hope she realizes that pushing her inexpeerienced and confused daughter into having sex before she was ready wasnt the right thing

• Members

To be fair to Brooke, I don't think she pushed Hope into anything. When Hope was all "I'm a virgin, hear me roar," Brooke was proud of her daughter. Perhaps she felt deep down that Hope's stance was a vindication of her maternal skills after so many years of being called a bad mother. Then, Hope got the horn and was all "I don't know how long I can wait!" Brooke (and Katie) were very practical in their advice. They said that if Hope felt ready to have sex make sweet lurve to Liam, then she should do what she felt was right and it was nobody's business but hers. As a mother, that is pretty reasonable advice. As head of FC, it is bad for business! But that's a whole other story.

Do I think Hope is confused and inexperienced? Yes, absolutely. But she's a big girl who has her own fashion line. She needs to take responsability for this decision. She's the one who threw a tantrum about not being able to get married two seconds after Liam left Steffy. She's the one who told everybody how she wanted to "be" with Liam in the biblical sense and she didn't know how long she could wait. She's the one who ran over to Steffy's to gloat about how she was going to give it up to Liam so that Steffy could no longer use the virginity thing as leverage. Now she wants to backtrack and she can't. She has issues with sex and now has the proof she needs to deal with them professionally. Plus, nobody's first time is going to be all fireworks and rainbows. I can def see how it is a very overwelming experience but Hope went to bed with Liam for the wrong reasons and it wasn't because Brooke held a gun to her head.

P.S.: IA with you about that convo between Stephanie and Eric. It was very good, very real and it really highlighted the truth about their relationship which has been in play since B&B started. The cool thing is that Stephanie could live without Eric but Eric needs women around him to pick up after him all the time.

• Members

Forgot to add: Brooke talking about Hope losing her virginity before, during and after sex with Ridge? And then running over to get a glimpse of what was going on and hear all about it? Totally. Not. OK.

• Members

I kind of found myself drawn into Hopes angst today which is odd considering this whole triangle. I thought the scenes with she and her mom were very real and in a way it's refreshing to see someone have their first time on a soap and not be swept up in perfection and ecstasy because that's not reality. It did strike me as funny that Brooke just happened to have her sex therapist friend on speed dial just at that moment.

I thought the Stehanie Eric stuff was cute which I rarely say about anything Stephanie

Archived