B&B: March 2012 Discussion Thread

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I just noticed that Taylor's name has been changed in the opening and she's dropped Jones. When did that happen? I see Donna still has her married name.

Speaking of the opening, boy are they going to have to do some major changes as Owen, Jackie and Nick need to be dropped. This is going to be the first major revision since it debuted last year. I hope it doesnt come across looking choppy and noticeable

• Members

Thanks! I wasn't sure tongue.png

Oliver also needs to be taken out. When they dropped Whip out of the opening, it didn't seem choppy but since they have a lot to take out now it might this time. There's going to be a lot fewer cast members. LOL. I wonder how they'll structure the ending of the opening since Nick is the one who currently closes it.

I went back and read the TV guide article about B&B's new opening. What the heck was Brad Bell talking about when he said the opening was going to "evolve" over time and be an ongoing surprise for the audience? "It's set up so that the various elements, from music to special effects, will constantly change," Bell says. "It'll be a fun, ongoing surprise for the audience."

The only surprise I've seen is some digitally integrated bats fly across the runway during last years Halloween ep. LOL

• Members

At least B&B has continually updated its credits over the years. (Y&R - what is up with that? I just don't get it.) I think what we'll see on B&B is that the core 4 and maybe the Logan women shot and then all the solo shots like they did with Franz and Young. I'm fine with that. (Although, they may group the Spencer family together.) Bell made the right decision in shipping off Nick, Jackie and Owen in favor of the Spencers.

• Members

I just wish these characters actually felt like a family. I never bought Nick and Jackie as mother and son, and I don't buy Liam and Bill as father and son. Yes, they look alike, but Bill's skeeviness regarding Liam's love life is not mixed with any type of quasi-parental concern that sometimes makes Taylor, Brooke, and Ridge less creepy as parents.

I had never watched the full credits before. They look so much like a German soap. I like them. I just wish there weren't so many MIA characters in them.

Archived