B&B: March 2012 Discussion Thread

• Members

The Thorne / Ridge feud always ends up like this Thorne just caves & the storyline goes nowhere I was hoping this time would be different but it wasn't. Thomas has nothing going, Dayzee disappeared, Rick/Amber nothing its all about Hope & Liam but B&B has been all about Hope for a long time now I'm really sick of her. Bridgett appears for a driveby .. I'm so sick of Hope honestly I do not care what she does .

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Pretty much any business story on B&B hits a brick wall. They are rarely well thought out under BabyBell, and they never seem to tap any real depth. It's always some BS "oh, look who suddenly got designer genes in them now" vs. Ridge kind of thing.

• Members

OT, but Cheap's mega banner at the top of this thread is so well done! I love the threads running from the characters who dominated the show at the beginning right through to now. It's cool to see the mix of vets who stayed, the recasts and the next generation. You outdid yourself, Cheap! :wub: Also: how stunning was Hunter Tylo back in the day?! And Carrie Mitchum was soulfully beautiful as OriginalDonna.

As for B&B, I haven't seen any of this week's shows because I don't want to hear about Hope's under-exercised ladyparts. The Clarence Update OTOH is Must See.

• Members

I really don't get Stephanie's attitude re: Hope. It's one thing to simply see Steffi as "more worthy" of Liam---she's her granddaughter. But there's an underlying ugliness to Stephanie's "Hope's nothing but a Logan-man stealing-homewrecking-slut" mantra. At least I could understand her rants on Brooke and Donna (and to a lesser extent Katie). Hope has done nothing to earn this kind of disdain other than making the mistake of being born a Logan and having the audacity to fall for a man Steffi likes first.

Taylor is unintentionally hilarious, dissing Brooke for being too involved in Hope's personal life then immediately leaving a message for Steffi about Liam/Hope. It's not like Taylor didn't run around hysterically for months screaming about Brooke's "influence" on her adult son or anything. If Thomas had a personal life, Taylor would be just as smothering as every other mother on this show.

• Members

Since when did Taylor and Stephanie patch things up? Taylor wouldnt even say hi to her at Christmas

Go Taylor! She was the only one speaking sense today and I loved everything she had to say about Steffy

Hope finally had sex. I cant believe it. Despite that romantic and sweet promo they got, what an uncomfortable set of scenes. She definetly did not look happy and came across more like a mess trying to hold it together

Huh? Stephanie didnt show any disdain towards Hope today. She didnt refer to her as any derrogatory words nor did she speak ill of her. Stephanie has no personal issues with Hope. The most she said against Hope was that she wouldnt be able to satisfy Liam like Steffy and that she's damaged bc of the problems her family has riddled her with

• Members

But that's just it. If it's kind of always been implied that Stephanie has problems with sexual woman (part of the reason she prefers ridge with Taylor over Brooke) it doesn't really make sense for Stephanie to totally support Steffy, even though she's her grandaughter. Steffy has all the characteristic's of what a young Brooke was like, and Hope is being made out to be more like a young Taylor. You would think that knowing what Brooke and her sisters are capable of, and Hope being the complete opposite of that (well i guess till today kind of) Stephanie would be smart enough to figure out that Steffy has technically been using her sexuality to drive Liam from Hope.

I think Stephanie should have just stayed out of this story, or better yet, I think it would have been interesting if Stephanie was on Brooke's side when it came to Liam and Hope since that would kind of increased more conflict between Stephanie and Taylor. I also think that it would still be interesting if Stephanie made it a Logan thing as to why she wouldn't want Liam with Steffy again because of Steffy's behavior reminding her of Brooke. Steffy has been around Brooke enough since she was and is still her stepmother, so it would make sense for Stephanie to think that Steffy might have been influenced by Brooke.

• Members

Stephanie lumped Hope in with all the Logans, as good as said she was good for a role in the hay and nothing else, that she needs a psychiatrist, and that she's living in a fantasy "playing house" with Liam. She doesn't have to use any "derogatory" names, because to Stephanie, Logan covers it.

I don't know how it could be more clear. That convo between Steph and Taylor was condescensing in the extreme.

• Members

What makes no sense to me is Stephanie comparing Liam to ERIC and somehow rewriting their history to forget how many times she's called him a weak, spineless, worthless man and yet she wants Steffi to end up with someone just like dear ol' grandad. That blew my freakin' mind.

• Members

And don't forget the infamous knee groin, LOL.

That comment really annoyed me too, also because Eric was the one who pursued other woman after Stephanie (Brooke, Sheila, Donna,Jackie even TAYLOR) and Liam certainly wasn't chasing after hope and steffy, or has been with as more women than Eric.

It's lazy writing on Bradley's part, but its probably being written that as long as Stephanie is actually married to her and stays married, he can do no wrong to her.

I wonder if it also has something to do with Liam being a spencer and that since she was close to Bill Sr. Stephanie likes being connected to them.

• Members

She's secretly hiding Bill (come on, she's done that before, she can do it again).

If they hadn't already done that with the Massimo mess I'd say I wish they'd have it where Bill was actually Stephanie and Bill Sr's son. Then just say Liam isn't Bill's bio son after all. I don't think most viewers enjoy that relationship anyway.

Oh that's right, Bill slept with Steffy too.

Maybe Steffy can be Omar's daughter. IDGAS at this point ph34r.png

• Members

I found the Stephanie/Taylor scenes hilarious, but in a good way. It's classic B&B Stephanie/Taylor trashing the Logan women. It's their favorite sport. I did like Taylor fessing up that she didn't want Steffy pining away for a man who doesn't want her like she did with Ridge. It was the most sensible thing. I also liked Brooke not making any excuses for her behavior and what how it has affected Hope. Mothers are going to see their children in a different way and I thought B&B did a good job of illustrating that (Taylor w/ Steffy) and Brooke's illusions that Hope has waited for the right man. NOW I can't wait for the dominoes to start falling....

Archived