B&B: March 2012 Discussion Thread

• Members

I actually think this story is pretty compelling, and I wouldn't be opposed to Dr. HBS sticking around on B&B. God knows the show needs a sex therapist, if not a competent psychiatrist. I liked her presence and the questions she asked Hope. Kim Matula did a great job yesterday and made me feel sorry for Hope for the first time in a while. What is interesting is the fact that this isn't about Liam at all, it is about Steffy. Hope has built her up in her mind as this all-powerful sexual predator when, in fact, Steffy has about as many issues with men as Hope does, if those scenes sniffing around Liam are anything to go by. I also liked the bit when Hope said that she made a conscious decision to not be like her mother.

It's a rip-off of William J. Bell's Y&R story with Victoria, but at least B&B is ripping off from the best.

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Id hardly call her a competent psychiatrist. I couldnt believe she had anxiety pills already prescribed for Hope without first consulting her! WTF? First sign of a quack and unfortunately it looks like its going to go downhill from there

• Members

At first I wondered if this was a story about a doctor who gets kickbacks from big pharma. I guess that would not be allowed on TV though. I was shocked when she said she'd already gotten pills ready and then began doing her best to all but put them down Hope's throat.

• Members

OK, ha, yes. Obvs I wrote that before I reached the end of the episode. She forked over the pills and I was sort of thinking WTF? Still, health professionals can be very medication-happy and love forcing pills on their clients at the smallest sign of anything. Carl's idea of a doctor getting kickbacks from Big Pharmaceuticals is excellent. I'm bummed that TV would refuse to cover that, though -- I'm sure I saw something like this on an episode of ER or Chicago Hope or The Good Wife once upon a time.

I am so offended by Bill's ongoing harping to Steffy about holding out to be his son's human mattress. Of all the people, he should know from the way Steffy led him into her childhood bedroom, that she really isn't some... geisha.

• Members

I and I think a lot of others were truly hoping for the show to explore their relationship again after Liam and Hope inevitably got back together. I really think it's a shame the show didn't because I thought they had gold in that Kate/Bill/Steffy triangle. I guess this is about ratings and engaging the youth or something so that's why they're continuing with Hope/Liam/Steffy.

Anyone else still wondering about Bill fantasizing about Brooke last month...LOL was that just a joke or what?

• Members

I dont think it was meant to be anything. Bill addressed it when he talked to Liam later and it was basically to show that he is a man and thinks about sex all the time, even with people he wouldnt necesarily want to be with. He told Liam about his fantasy and assured him that those type of feelings were normal and Liam shoudlnt repress himself bc of Hope

• Members

Who was Steffy Skyping with?

I was laughing/cringing at a lot of the Brooke/Ridge dialogue, especially after they were in bed. "Rocking my world" indeed. No wonder Hope is traumatized.

I always had a soft spot for Brooke/Ridge in spite of...everything. I guess I always will.

Archived