B&B: March 2012 Discussion Thread

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I can't believe I've been watching B&B for only 2 years, todays show was just beautiful :wub: LOVED Susan Flannery's wink to the audience at the end ;-).

Stephanies "Were to old to be holding grudges" comment to Pam made me a little sad. Brad Bell really is done writing juicy, scandolous stories for the "older" clan I think :(

• Members

THE BOLD & THE BEAUTIFUL star Aaron D. Spears (Justin) has been cast in the BET pilot SINGLE BLACK FEMALE, according to Deadline. The hour-long show chronicles the work and family life of a popular talk show host, Mary Jane, played by Gabrielle Union. Spears is set to play Mark, her co-anchor and close friend

B&B's Spears Lands Pilot - CBS Soaps In Depth

• Members

IA. It was a really sweet, simple episode. It was nice to be reminded why I love this show, have done since its inception, and why I keep returning to it. It deserves a better HW, I think, but through thick and thin, I keep touching base with it.

Felicia! wub.png Lesli Kay was looking gorgeous.

Shout out to the classic "flower shot" at the top of the show.

I think they made a choice to "keep it simple." There were no Darlene Conley shots either and I would have loved to have Sally Spectra's contribution to the show recognized. Not to mention Caroline, who was the reason I watched the show in the first place.

I also have this weird feeling that Brad Bell is punishing Hunter Tylo for some of her diva antics in the 90s. He should probably get over it by now, but so many stories (like baby Jack being taken away from her) should have been a showcase for her and yet at the last minute Bell moved the focus onto somebody else. Or he had her humiliated in some strange way. It really contrasts with the more nuanced way Taylor was written in the early days.

• Members

I don't think he's punishing Tylo - he's just a lousy writer (he's given Brooke nothing but garbage for a decade, including stories that tell women to use rape to get a man). The biggest problem with her is that her face and the loss of much of her charisma, along with a lack of any true relationships on the show (aside from enabling her children and panting after Ridge), has rendered her pointless. If not for the nostalgia factor she would have been gone years ago.

• Members

IA with all this but tempered my comments about Brad Bell to a minimum. It burns to hear other soap fans refer to B&B the way they do because IMO this show is bursting with history and glamour and potential. And yet it is written with no attention or real love sometimes. Just paint-by-numbers plotting with a few twists, a couple of good concepts (I admit), great SLs or pairings dropped for no reasons, new signings written off after a few months... I could go on but won't. I'm not really into fan fiction, but B&B is a show I would gladly "write for" if you know what I mean. I feel the urge to put together SLs for these characters -- precisely because Bell won't. :lol: Brooke is a case in point, which is ironic because she's pretty much frontburner.

And IA that HT's mangling of her face has done intolerable damage to the role of Taylor. I like her relationship with her children but as a woman in her own right, as a psychiatrist, Taylor has been completely ruined.

• Members

Taylor mostly existed as a "good" person, in comparison to Brooke. Once they threw that away, she was never going to be the same. I think they should have left her dead, as they had no idea what to do with her in her last return.

• Members

Neither is on the show so its totally understandable why Sally nor Caroline werent seen. Taylor and HT however are and this seems to be the case everytime the show has hit a milestone in the last several years. The show has alot of recasts and a high number of actors who have only been on the show 6 years or less. Theres a wealth of history and flashbacks they could draw from HT but choose not to and its quite glaring to me

• Members

Oliver! Him showing up today was so random. I thought he was already gone

1hrpxe.jpg

As for today, Hope yelling at the doctor....what a brat! "I want pills now!" She is coming across like such a selfish brat throwing a tantrum bc she isnt getting her way. She is remiinding me of those girls on Toddlers and Tiaras. That behavior might have been cute when she was a kid but she is too grown to be acting so childish. This is what her family gets for cuddling her, her entire life and giving her everything she wanted. She also reminds me of this

but-i-want-them-now-12620-1330378422-115.jpg

Archived