OLTL: Discussion for the week of August 22nd

• Members

2:23 when big mouth Diane Sawyer came on and 3:35 when she went off. With the exception of very few things such as the trade center tower's being hit I really hate it when the new's people assume we soap opera watcher's are on the edge of our seat's waiting to hear what the current new's is. That is why they have a dozen new's channel's to do this stuff. That is why all the network's have taken over with nothing but new's for at least 3 hour's every day. That doesn't even include morning new's and 10 pm new's and not to mention noon new's. Could the network's let us have our lousy 3 or 4 soap's left uninterrupted. If we want to know what is happening 8,000 mile's away we can turn to cnn or any of the other 11 new's station's. Obama need's to keep himself in his $125,000 a month rental house and leave our show alone. Obviously Michelle doesn't watch One Life To Live.

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Anyone know when TSJ's last day is"? I wish they would have kept both of them on. I was really enjoying the storyline with both of those guy's.

I like pretty much everyone on the show except the guy who plays Rex. I don't care too much for the actor.

I think the kid who play's Jack is a very good looking kid. My son is 13 and he was watching the bully storyline until he had to go back to school. He got his hair straightened so he could wear it like Jack's is.

• Members

Okay, cross-posted.

I actually thought the Vic/Tea scenes were great, especially when she went full Broadway and started calling him "Victorious" and called it a 'strong name.' In that moment, she both resembled one of Victor Sr.'s worshipful consorts (like Irene) - his father being a man Vic Jr. resembles more than the show would like to admit - while also being someone much better than that. They have kind of a clean slate but actually, not really, which is an interesting idea for me; being both into the couple and still repulsed. I always was before because I always thought they had great chemistry, but I couldn't cosign the soulless hulk Todd has seemingly become. I will admit they got me. Too bad TSJ aced himself out of the picture. Hope he comes back. This story - way too short - has been his best work in awhile, even though he's still been intermittent at points.

I thought RH was fine with Jack, and really elevated Trischitta to the teeming level of vaguely half-decent. Good scenes there and I am soooo glad they are making the DBL story a huge issue, since Todd never truly worked through it before disappearing in 2003. I also liked Starr and Dani fighting, and thought the sudden resolution - for plot expediency - was lame. There's more to do there. I hope Jess and Ford are over, but I'm not that lucky.

And then my baby Kim. If that wasn't Stacy in that bed (she only calls her "girl") I'll eat my hat. Ugh. I do hope the move to PP means they may rewrite story and allow Clint to get with Kim instead of Viki. That would make me so, so happy.

I think this Two Todds story is great, just sadly truncated due to external issues. They could take this so much further and longer, and I think they do need to get TSJ back, frankly. Cap it off where you need to for the sake of Prospect Park, but leave enough things open to pick up in the future. It's a gold mine.

• Members

TSJ's reaction to this absurd story was spot on. He stuck his tongue out! MSE!

Never say never but PP would need quite the sales pitch to get TSJ back. He's moving his family to LA.

The rush is a problem but so are the obvious rewrites from week to week. First he was catatonic and never said a word for 8 years, then it changed to he was spilling his memories and actively tortured daily. Tomas didn't know about Todd being held yet did know Patrick was there. Pick a story, writers and stick with it.

I have mixed emotions on PP deal. Most or a good portion of the fans won't move to PP, so I feel they should have a true ending. Not contrived cliffhanger like I am I hearing PP forced on AMC. What a mess that show is as I caught some today.

• Members

I enjoyed today, but I have to admit I almost turned the TV off when I heard that line yet again. I half expected Jack to say "Are you sure you're not the "slow" twin"?

Exactly, for a show that mentions adoption, being raised not by your parents, etc, so much, this whole element bugs me. To the show's credit (and my admitted surprised) they have been addressing fairly well the fact that Victor WAS the father for all those years, etc. But I have a feeling, while avoiding spoilers, it won't go well or even continue as much like that. We'll see I guess.

Archived