OLTL: Discussion for the week of August 22nd

• Members

FIRST AND FOREMOST: KIM!!! wub.pngwub.pngwub.pngwub.pngwub.png

Next- OMG, who is Kim talking to?? You would assume it's Stacy but who knows. I actually didn't mind Stacy in the end, but it was mostly because of Kim... just love her in all ways. I'm so excited she's back! Not so much about Stacy, or Gigi, or whoever is in that bed.

I think Dani pretty much just said to Starr what viewers were thinking- why did you all of the sudden realize something was different with Todd after all this time? Why wouldn't she have said something before? I feel as though everything some plot hole comes up, they are pretty quick to fill it... even today with Jack saying he thought Todd lost all of his memories, and he said that now and then it would all "come flooding back" which would be what happened this time with his memories coming back. Hmm. I actually don't think that this story is too bad, there are some holes but how else would have it been explained? I like the angle that Victor didn't know he was not Todd, because it makes him much less malicious.

Tess/Ford- who cares at this point.

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The problem isn't Starr saying deep down she felt something was off and it was all wishful thinking on her part.

It's that Starr is employing such selective amnesia in her defense of Todd. She bitches real daddy wouldn't have plotted to steal my baby, um no real daddy DID steal your baby brother. The impostor couldn't bring himself to do that.

Then after years insisting Todd did NOT throw her down the stairs, she's suddenly switched her stance.

Starr wants fred the magic frog daddy back, and thinks she's got him back now. But she forgets all the shat that came the last few years with RH's Todd.

• Members

I am just grateful ABC didn't let the President cut off one quarter of the soap for his announcement. I havent seen the show yet as I watch it at night but I read he was making a speech at 2:00 I thought oh no! As soon as I got home I checked my tape to see if he was on it and thank god he wasn't!

• Members

Does anyone know where I can find any interviews with either FL, RH, or TSJ about the storyline or know of their opinions at all on it from fan events and such? I feel like like all three have been really delivering and I'd love to hear their thoughts.

• Members

I apologize for being rude to you, but I'm a Latina and very tired of reading this ignorance on the boards.

Yes, Téa is a minority character. However, Hispanic is NOT a race.

Race and ethnicity are considered separate and distinct identities. Being of Hispanic origin is a totally separate question from race on all gov't forms. Check them more carefully and you'll see the distinction and separate question.

Hispanics can be white, brown or black. But what ties them is they are all from Spanish speaking countries.

Hispanic does not refer to RACE. It refers to ethnicity.

• Members

I don't believe RH has commented on a OLTL story since the 90s.

FL and TSJ's comments were at their recent fan club events. I know of the recaps but they were posted on a private board.

There's a rumor going around Stacy survived and that she has plastic surgery to look like Gigi. Then somehow in another heaven can wait story Gigi's soul takes over Stacy's body.

Basically then Stacy gets the man she always loved and Gigi too.

Gag me now.

• Members

Missed the part where Todd wanted her to die. He was upset at leaving on that island and begged her to come with him. It was her choice to refuse to leave with him. She said she'd be fine with Ross. Nature Boy Todd sneered jealously. Todd got pissy jealous over Ross, and decided not to call for help right away after he was rescued. That's Todd, hate or love him, but he was driven by petty jealous and Viki called him out it, and then called the authorities.

I understand and respect that pov.

It's this one is a good rapist vs that one a bad rapist argument that boggled my mind.

Archived