OLTL: Discussion for the week of August 22nd

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

RC seemed shocked at the audience reaction to Stacy. I think he was fond of her. My guess is this will be a way to "redeem" her, especially if Stacey becomes Gigi.

It's also another reminder that women are interchangeable, and that's something today's soaps love to teach us.

• Members

I don't think so. RC said in an interview (last year around the time that everyone was wondering if Hannah pushed Marty down the stairs), that he knew Stacy was going to be a failure from the beginning and that he never wanted to bring her on. I think Stacy was a Frons thing. Sometimes the higher ups force RC to write what he doesn't want to. I've also noticed that RC never talks about the Fords and always seems to avoid questions about them, so I assume the Ford crap is all Frons too. Sometimes RC just says the company line.

If RC had his way, I think he'd bring back Hannah instead, since I remember him calling her an "ideal bad girl" in that same interview.

Anyway, I hate Stacy, and it doesn't even make sense to bring her back anyway, but some of the characters currently on are even worse. I'd probably even be okay with it, if it meant the return of KISH, but I know that won't happen.

I'm still desperately hoping it's not Stacy, but if it is, I'd actually much rather see Crystal Hunt again than see Farah Fath try to play Stacy. Farah has her moments, but I can't see her as Stacy, even though she and Gigi were sisters. The LAST thing I want to see is some story about a supposedly dead person having plastic surgery to look like another supposedly person. Or someone's spirit going into someone else's body. That kind of story always drives me to stop watching for good no matter what characters it's about, especially since most of the other stories are already unwatchable.

• Members

During the time of her initial story, I think, he said he was surprised at viewers not liking her. I don't believe he knew she was going to fail from the start. I can definitely believe she was a Frons mandate, but that she's returning now, after Frons probably doesn't care, is telling.

I agree I'd rather see Crystal Hunt in the role than Farah Fath.

Archived