OLTL: Discussion for the week of August 22nd

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

with ff and jpl starring on that reality show that will be airing soon, I guess the show is hoping to capitalize on the additional exposure by keeping ff around.

it's an awful idea, especially if it's stacey in the bed and she's had surgery to look like gigi so rex will fall in love with her. the character was awful the first time around, and won't be any better this time

• Members

Unlike those oh so unique Ford Bros on OLTL wink.png

Yeah he did seem baffled by the hatred, like she was some character he had wanted to write into a soap since he was little as the definitive leading lady of soaps.

This is neither here nor there, but could Kish (probably recast considering the actors I assume have moved on) return for the online OLTL? Much online video content seems to particularly attract niche audiences (not to mention the gay male couples of soaps--the few there are--have done VERY well on youtube), and it seems like a natural idea to me... But maybe that's me giving too much credit, or at least hoping for too much.

• Members

I had NEVER heard about the interview where he blamed Frons for her--I actually didn't think RC would ever speak ill about Frons. What was said? I still remember the interview where he acted shocked audiences didn't like her.

And yes, I'd rather Hunt in the role too. But really--ratings were so low at that time, and it was blamed on all the gay stuff, but I think it was the Stacy mess (which didn't even make sense with Gigi refusing to tell Rex the truth, even in secret) that I think turned off viewers.

• Members

RC doesn't get that camp cannot be forced...

Anyway, She was better away from that awful storyline--and I admit RC was smart to bring in Kim to try to humanize her somewhat, although it seems to have basically just made people find Kim appealing and forget about Stacy.

I forget the story details--someone said that Kim got some money in case Stacy was alive for her? Was this actually said? I don't remember it...

• Members

Asa's funeral did seem much more recent.

And your redheaded bitch comment had better not be about my Renee! :P She was the highlight of OLTL in a month for me. It's still shcking to me that they've ignored Tony Award Patricia Elliott, but I suppose it shouldn't be. Where is she living now anyway? Maybe at the graveyard from Clint's comment?

I think they sorta worded it to sound like that, but the basic thought was "they're still happy in Llanview don't worry guys!!! (you'll just never ever ever see them on screen!)"

Is Kim meant to seem a bit insane now? The talking to her makeup mirror as Stacey and answering it was a bit of worrisome foreshadowing.

Archived